A Haven for Vee

Monday, September 17, 2007

Being a Nonni



This is my youngest grandson Jake who is a delight and who arrived just a year and six days after his big brother Sam.



Sam and Jake are two very bright spots in my life. They are active and fun and keep me from being too stodgy and old.

I might have imagined that granddaughters would be more in keeping with my rather girly tastes and interests, but you can not imagine how striped tee shirts and blue jeans appeal to me now. I used to wander by the little girls' section and look longingly at the sweet (way too sweet by half) outfits, but these days, I make a beeline for the tees and the jeans.

It's true what they say: "Grandchildren are God's way of saying that the world will go on."

1 comment:

  1. While doing a search on your blog to be sure that I spelled Nonni correctly, I came across this sweet post. Precious! ♥

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.