A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Homebody

It pains me to confess it, but I am a homebody. Love to be home. No place I'd rather be. It pains me to say it because if I could change something about myself, that's what I'd change.

My three-pronged attack yesterday on procrastination worked pretty well. I did apply for the job. I did sort through a stack of mail that had been building for a few weeks. I did find an overdue bill. I paid it and the current one, too. Online. The internet is great.

The third item came in the form of a phonecall from one of my nieces. She's a confirmed homebody, too, so when she had to travel some distance for a doctor's appointment, she called me. She needed a comfort companion. Despite my wanting to remain home, I agreed to go. I've needed comfort companions, too. And I'm glad that I did. I had fun.

I wandered through an antique market while I waited. I had a conversation with a very nice man from New Jersey who is impressed with Maine's antique prices and had managed to purchase a vintage toy...a truck...for what he considered a song. He said he'd been looking for it for a long time. That made me happy enough for him that I didn't have to purchase the vintage tablecloth that I was holding. It wasn't that special. I was only buying it to calm my nerves. ;>

My niece has a quick, quirky sense of humor. On the way home as we passed a poor hitchhiker who looked all done in from a long day's work, she said, "Yeah, right, like I'd pick you up, pal." I offered that he obviously had a job since he was carrying a small cooler. She said, "With a head in it!"

The day ended, as it always does if I have any say, with a frozen yogurt at the farmstand that looks down on our little town. The nearly full moon was gossamer...so pale that it can not be seen in the photo I took. Such a shame.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, A) I think your niece is very smart and exactly the kind of person I wouldn't mind riding around with (lol),
    B)I, too, have issues with procrastination. I have a stack of filing about 10 inches high that really needs to be done. The reason it's NOT done is because my file rack is full and my file rack is full because I procrastinated pulling all of 2006's stuff out and putting it into storage. And here we are, 3 months away from 2008 and I'm finally almost ready to take care of that little problem. Procrastination is evil and it's MINE. (can't you hear a tiny little voice screaming "help me, help me"? ha),
    C) the picture you posted is so beautiful and
    D) thank you for the lovely comment on my blog - thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it! I look forward to reading more of your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a homebody too. And I am definitely a procrastinator! Especially with things I don't enjoy, like paying bills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift to hear from two of my favorite bloggers. Thank you for stopping by. It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.