A Haven for Vee

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mums



Sometimes I can be so dense. Last fall, I learned that all of the mums that are purchased for autumn decorating can be planted. They are perennials. Who knew?! Not I that's who.

So with no further thought whatsoever, the gorgeous buttercream mum was planted. It was full and lush and bloomed way into November.

I was thrilled to see it sprout up this spring and thrilled again to see small buds form. It was watered and fertilized, but did I think to check out the web for any other directions? That would be a nooooooo...

If I had, I would have discovered that once the plant reached ten inches in height, I should have been pinching back those buds. Then I would have had a beautiful full mum, lower to the ground and nearly as lush as it was last fall. (Source)

Hope that I get another chance with this former beauty. Long and leggy just doesn't become a mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.