A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Votive for the Thanksgiving Table




This is one of my favorite, easy holiday decorations. I suppose that it's pretty self-explanatory, but all one needs are cranberries, a votive candle, and an empty grapefruit or orange half. I rest mine in a small decorative dish. Place the votive inside the hollowed out grapefruit half, sprinkle the cranberries all around both inside near the candle and outside lining the dish. Nothing to it! I make several to use around the house and they smell terrific. It lasts several days; I keep making up new ones throughout the holidays.

Kari and Kijsa have some wonderful ideas for the Thanksgiving table. They're two very creative gals and did you know that they are sisters, too? (Currently, I am fascinated by the dynamics of sisters. ;>) Anyway, if you haven't already, run over there and have a look!

9 comments:

  1. Very cute {and easy} decorating idea! My kind of idea!! Thank you!

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Vee!!
    I wish I could eat some turkey tonight...I just don't feel like making one!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a great ides...wonder if I could do the same thing with an orange...
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love,
    robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Vee!
    Miss Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nifty! You had me fooled for a moment...I thought they were apples and that this was a very large candle. Lovely photo!

    And Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours, Vee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I've recently begun a love affair with cranberries...don't know where they've been all my life. lol This will be a fun thing to do with them, thanks for sharing.

    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a cute idea...it'd make a great Christmas brunch centerpiece...happy Thanksgiving Vee, hope its full of blessings and family!

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.