A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmasing With You

Greeting cards have all been sent
The Christmas rush is through
But I still have one wish to make
A special one for you

Merry Christmas darling
We’re apart that’s true
But I can dream
And in my dreams
I’m Christmasing with you


~Frank Pooler & Richard Carpenter


Finally found my Christmas cds over the weekend. A couple of years ago, my nieces, deciding that I was, after all, a definite 70s gal, gave me one of the Carpenters' Christmas cds. Last night, I drifted off to the sweet, mellow tones of Karen singing "Merry Christmas Darling." Must be true because that's what I woke up singing this morning. ;>

I miss Karen. I miss John Denver. I miss Mama Cass. I miss Bobby Goldsboro. I miss my darling. I have been missing a lot of family and friends who are no longer with me. This missing is a painful fact of life. Second only to seeing the Lord is the joy of knowing that I will see my loved ones again. Still, sometimes Christmas feels lonely...

5 comments:

  1. Vee,
    I too love the Carpenters! My Aunt Susie, whom I miss greatly, used to listen to them. I remember twirling around her big braided rug to the strains of Close to You. My prayer for you today is that God would fill all the lonely places in your heart and fill you with joy and pece that surpasses all understanding and will guard your heart, mind, and emotions in Christ Jesus. I am glad our lives touched. You bless me Mrs. Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vee, you mentioned all my favorites. Mama loved the Carpenters and Bobby Goldsboro...you have so many friends out here, I hope we can crowd out the pain and replace it with contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a hug Vee.

    The only solace I can offer in the missing loved ones department is .... you are SO not alone! Almost everybody has lost loved ones and family members... and the older we get(if we don't go first)we will lose more. Sadly, it is just a fact of life. Kind of like swallowing a bitter pill ..... we don't have to like it..but sometimes we just have to do it.

    The Christmas season makes it worse; all the hype and expectation. But...in reality.. a lot of folks that we think are showing the Christmas spirit, or seem to have perfect lives... are just very adept at putting on an amazing show of bravado in public. I know several, and trust me, it is an act. They crash and burn often because they refuse to accept the reality of their lives.
    All we can do is own the loss and the pain.... let it happen... carry on and live our lives for ourselves and the other wonderful people still in them. Time dims some pain... others, well, I guess it just takes more time.

    A friend of mine is dragging herself through each day. Her daughter just died in a car accident; her son-in-law was driving. The man is consumed with guilt... and they have two small children... 5 and 4. All I can think of right now is .... how horrible; and then; how lucky I am to be me. A lot of niggling things pale in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me of some of my old friends...the Carpenter's & John Denver especially! But missing them is just sort of a nostalgic thing...not like the pain of missing someone who was dear to your heart. I'm sure it's a 'Blue Christmas' for many people out there who are dealing with heartbreak and loss. I'll pray along with Miss Sandy, that God will fill the lonely places in your life this Christmas, Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Vee...I was watching Behind the Music the other night and they featured Mama Cass...wow....what a loss......I love John Denver too...I'm a 70's gal...I listen to the Oldies Station...I think I've turned into my parents!!
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.