A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tagged!



I've been tagged by Miss Sandy at Quill Cottage . Miss Sandy is a sweet and gentle soul who can take her readers away with a few words, a few photos, and that lilting music that she has playing. Hmmmmm, heavenly! (Annnnndddd, you should read how cleverly she approached this five new things tag.)

The rules are simple enough. When tagged, a blogger should link to the person by whom tagged and mention five things about yourself. (Mercifully, no one mentioned anything about being interesting things.) Further, one must tag five new people telling a little bit about each of them and providing a link to their blogs. Finally, one must visit each blogger and leave a message that she's been tagged. Or something close to that. ;>

Five things, eh? Five things I haven't mentioned before in blogging? Oh dear. Sigh. Hmmm. I stew over stuff like this. Let's see...*fidget* Oooookayyy, teaching school was my career from 1979-2003. I have taught every age from pre-school through college level with the exception of kindergarten. My favorite ages to teach are first-graders and adults. Teaching first graders is a delight because one gets to watch the light go on for reading. Incredible! And teaching adults is a rush because they care about learning...very much, and it is always a joy to teach a student who cares. Phew! I made it!

I tag the following:

Terri @ Wind Lost ...she owes me! LOL! Terri has an incredible heart and her spirit comes through in every post. One should go back to the beginning of her blog and read every single thing. You'll be glad that you did. She also has a wicked good sense of style.

Vickie @ Sand Flat Farm because she's new to blogging and this will help her to get her feet good and wet. :> She's doing an amazing job and has an adorable, wee, yellow house that is incredibly charming. Check it out!

Judy @ My Front Porch has posted about so many traveling adventures with gorgeous photos, she has such good recipes, and wonderful, creative ideas to share. You'd be missing out if you don't visit her! I do every day.

HappyOne @ who says that she's just an average person, but don't believe it. She has three blogs and keeps them all going without a hitch. You'll find some amazing letters shared so don't forget your tissue box.

Kari at Just Livin' Large because if I really tick her off (and this just might do it), she'll write some funny stuff and then we'll all have some laughs.

And that, dear ones, will be the best that I can do for you!

P.S. If anyone wants to be tagged...I'll be happy to tag ya if you'll run a little slower! No rules means no rules, right?

16 comments:

  1. Thank you Vee, for the tag! I will have to figure out how to do this tagging thing, but it definitely made my day! I was wondering how you get linked to others. I'm so excited! Have a wonderful day! Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee,
    Thanks for playing along! I knew there was a reason I loved your blog so much, you are a teacher, a life time learner! I have so many favorite teachers to thank for my education and for opening up doors I probably never would have entered had they not exposed me so many delights and wonders. My very favorites were my Art and English teachers. Did you teach whole curriculums or did you specialize in a particular subject? I agree young children and adults do make the best students. Thank you for making our world a better place by being an educator!
    Miss Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee, thanks for the tag!! I will play along and try to post something tonight! Yes, I owe you BIG TIME!!!!!! I told my boyfriend that a total stranger was buying me a magazine subscription and he looked at me quizzically, "what?" So then I tried to explain and he got even more confused. Too funny. He isn't into the whole blogger thing and I tell him about my blogger friends and you'd think I was talking about imaginary people so I will have to sit down and give him the tour one of these days!

    Soon, Terri xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Vee... I am pondering what to say... I ..uhm... don't really like tag.

    Terri.... too funny. My guy knows everybody by name ... where in the world you are... if you are a bear or doll maker...etc...he seems to find it fascinating that we are so intertwined and yet don't really know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep... google was having trouble earlier Vee...and things seem to be going about 20% on loading etc. It is not you....just the system I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Vee! I used to love tag...but I guess I'm not that swift anymore, 'cuz I haven't thought of how I'm going to play the game just yet. But leave it with me...I'll come up with something sooner or later.

    And thanks for sharing a little about yourself. You would have made a great teacher. If I tag you back, would you share what your new profession is? Oooo..just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. School Marm, huh? I should have cottoned onto that one right away...my sister'a a school marm (retired, but somehow still working full time...go figure)...can't wait to see what all the other taggees come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun post. Wishing you a good night. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy reading your blog...always interesting! So glad I wandered over here last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What? Terri won? Why that little....
    oh, ok. She is a great gal so she deserves it. :-)

    Happy day Vee! Thanks so much for coming by and encouraging my guests this week, I really appreciate it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I am so happy to have found your beautiful blog and how lucky to pop by when you have added links to favorite places. My favorite part of blogging is to go on the adventure through beautiful images and words. Have a lovely day and thank you for commenting on my blog. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 100th post and congrats. to the winner.
    I do like the bell.
    You are right there are not too many weeks till Christmas. It is suddently here.
    I shall decorate the weekend of the 15th probably. Used to do it on the 1st when my children were young.
    Are you able to share what is going on in the 'faith' area or is that private. My E-mail is up on my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you've taught every single age group! That's quite an accomplishment. My Mom has been my teacher since I was in grade 3 until I was in grade 12, and I thought that was a wide scope, but pre-K to adult is amazing! I imagine you're an extremely qualified person. Do you miss teaching right now?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just checking in...everytime I see that sweet calico of yours I remember to go let mine in! She ran out to beat up the local tom and so now must go call her in!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Timmie asks if I miss teaching right now...yes. But I will never return to teaching. Teaching is for the young and energetic. I am neither. Thanks for asking! Oh, kudos to your mom for homeschooling you all those years.

    Sandi, we'll have to discuss calicos one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vee - just wanted to stop by and say that I love being tagged...but I'm struggling to come up with 5 things that I haven't already blabbed about on my blog. lol I guess that's the price for being so mouthy! But I'll keep trying to think of something....

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.