A Haven for Vee

Sunday, March 9, 2008

I Boast not of Works nor Tell of Good Deeds...

I Will Glory in the Cross 
I boast not of works nor tell of good deeds
For naught have I done to merit His grace 
All glory and praise shall rest upon Him 
So willing to die in my place 
 I will glory in the cross, in the cross 
Lest his suffering all be in vain 
I will weep no more for the cross that He bore 
I will glory in the cross 
My trophies and crowns, my robes stained with sin 
Were all that I had to lay at His feet 
Unworthy to feast from the table of life 
'Till God made provision for me 
I will glory in the cross, in the cross 
Lest his suffering all be in vain 
I will weep no more for the cross that He bore 
I will glory in the cross 
Bridge: In the cross, in the cross Be my glory 'ever 
I will weep no more for the cross that He bore 
I will glory, I will glory, I will glory in the cross
~Dottie Rambo



Ephesians 2:14-16a For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross...

Clicking on the words to the song will take you to a You Tube clip of Allison Durham Speer singing "I Will Glory in the Cross."

Jerusalem Crown of Thorns Source

Have an excellent Sunday! How's the time change treating you so far? (Five hours of sleep here...ackkkk!)

8 comments:

  1. Got plenty of sleep but kept waking up and waking up. I guess the time change was on my mind. Yish...

    Btw, ever see Strawberry Eggs? {Scroll down to 6th pic. :-)))) No, I'm not crafty, but you are.

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vee!
    Good Morning! It is so nice to see the sunshine today! We almost got flooded away.. and then the wind came! Good grief! If I survive March it'll be a miracle! Thank you for the prayers!
    Have a fabulous day!
    :) Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very pleasant offering Vee...the wind blew big yesterday but we're all still of a piece, so mother Nature may have been a bit rough, but God was good!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! We all had a hard time getting up this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always a little off when the time changes....
    Hugs,
    Penny
    p.s. lol - on your second comment on my blog...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful song and it tells us so much. Have a beautiful noght.....Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just listened to your song...now that brought back memories of going to Praise Gathering in Seattle in the early 90's. Beautiful words!

    I'm also a little sleep-deprived today...and I never even noticed that it stayed light longer tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.
    We just pretended the time didn't change. Went to bed and got up at the same time as usual. We just change the clocks after breakfast.

    ReplyDelete