A Haven for Vee

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Home for Our Souls

Chances are you've given little thought to housing your soul. We create elaborate houses for our bodies, but our souls are relegated to a hillside shanty where the night winds chill us and the rain soaks us. Is it any wonder the world is so full of cold hearts?

Doesn't have to be this way. We don't have to live outside. It's not God's plan for your heart to roam as a Bedouin. God wants you to move in out of the cold and live...with Him. Under His roof there is space available. At His table a plate is set. In His living room a wingback chair is reserved just for you. And He'd like you to take up residence in His house. Why would He want you to share His home?

Simple, He's your Father.
~ Max Lucado (The Great House of God)

(Imagine a Thomas Kinkade painting of a beautiful home upon the water's edge and you seated inside reading by the lamplight.)

Dear Your Name,

...He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. ~Philippians 1:6

16 comments:

  1. So true...we have a haven.

    Have a wonderful day, Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Vee! Such a beautiful post. Love the picture... I'm thinking it might be a Thomas Kincaid (I always spell that man's name wrong).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to think about Vee. Thanks and have a Happy Mother's Day.

    - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philippians is one of my favorites! :) I love Thomas, I remember the very first day I stepped into his art gallery in Placerville, I stood there for what seemed like hours. Beautiful post Vee :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day Vee!

    Thank you for the picture of the place where my heart is very much at home, in His presence.

    This reminds me of the lovely little book, My Heart~Christ's Home, He resides within us and makes a place for us with Him. Comforting thoughts today.

    much love and blessings,
    Miss Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to wish you a wonderful Day Vee!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truthful and such a beautiful meditative, Vee! Thank you!

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother/Grandmother's Day! :-)

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vee- hope your Mother's Day was great! Everyday is Mother's Day to me. Thanks for sending folks my way to read the neat post about invisible moms - I can take no credit except to post it. I loved it, too! Blessings to you, my friend - Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, by the way, just to name drop a bit.... :) Max Lucado is one of my favorites. His in-laws attend our church and I went to school with his lovely wife, Denalyn. They are special people! Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy reading anything that Max Lucado writes. I use his quotes on my blog all the time. I have this great little book by him called, "Coffee Time with Max Lucado".

    Thanks for the inspiration today Vee, hope your day was grand!!!

    (Rat's, Cindy read my last comment... :0))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's Day Vee!!
    Thanks for sharing these words from Max...he always has great insights!!!
    Hugs to you!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and incredible words of comfort!

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    smiles, kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so nice to know, Vickie. I have a few lame claims to fame, but yours is top shelf. Thank you for letting me know! (I'd love Lucado's work regardless, but it just makes it a little more special.)

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.