A Haven for Vee

Monday, July 21, 2008

Aprons and Awards

I was hoping to have an apron to share today, but Suzanne's been off to the fair and has had no time to do the third tutorial, which is Bias Tape 101. Because I just so happen to own an apron that Suzanne made I know that her bias tape is something special. Stay tuned for the outcome of my apron; in the meantime, here are my fabric selections.





Received another one of those wonderful "Just Plain Fun to Read" awards from Carol @ Charli and Me. I am passing it along to Happyone @ Captain's Log because her blog is just plain fun to read and it's always full of optimism and positivity.

And Cindy "A Woman Who Is" from In a Garden blessed me with the Sharing the Love award.



The rules: SHARE THE LOVE!!! Share this award with all those blogs out there that you love. All the people who make you smile. All those that make you laugh. All those that make your day. All those that leave uplifting comments on your blog. **All I ask, is that you include a link to this post with the award and ask your recipient to do the same** Visit (Memoirs of a Mommy)for the awesome story behind this award. (I'm trying something new with awarding this one so this should be fun. You'll see what I mean later in the day when I add more information.) Edited to Add: The following five gals are receiving the "Share the Love" award by virtue of being the only five commenters today and for being such all around good blogging buds: Sandi @ Holding Patterns, Happyone @ Captain's Log, Jan @ The Life and Times of Li'l Ol Me, Miss Sandy @ Quill Cottage, and Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti. Thanks so much for your sweet comments. You can't imagine how much they meant to me today!






Lisa at Knitty, Vintage and Rosy presented me with the Brillante Weblog award. These are the rules for this one:

1. Please put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.

Seven? Wow! I'll have to ponder this carefully. For now, I'm doing well to get the information rounded up in one place. ;D

Guess that covers it for now. Over and out!

12 comments:

  1. COngrats on the awards! Very awesomely deserved, too! So what was on the hit list today? I'm going to figure out how to do a music machine on mine, but it's going to be all oldies...lol
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your awards.
    I like your fabric choices!
    Thank you for reading my blog and thinking it deserves an award. Thanks also for the kind things you always say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl!! Congratulations on all the much deserved awards!!
    Have a fabulous Monday!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Vee,
    That's a lot of bloggy love! You do deserve it I must say. I hope you are enjoying your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations VEE!!

    I got an award and did a tag today too ...lol... blogging keeps me so busy these days I can hardly keep up anymore!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a while there I thought that there was a party going on somewhere and I wasn't invited. ;D

    Five comments and all five of you have just received the "Share the Love" award. Believe me, I feel as if you've shared the love today. Without you gals, I'd have been sunk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the choices of material. They will make pretty aprons. I do not have an apron and I can not sew. I guess I will have to learn. LOL I think they are so pretty. Have a funtasic week...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the "Sharing the Love" award, Vee! I always enjoy your blog so much. I always wanted a pen pal when I was a kid and now I feel like I have so many good "pals" through blogging!

    I think between the heat, vacations, the proliferation of awards being shared and posted on blogs, and summer in general, there has been a comment slow down every blog the past few days!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yummmm... I especially love the red fabric with little stars. An apron of that, should make anyone perky in the kitchen. :-)

    Speaking of aprons, have you ever made one, which does not tie around the neck? But still covers the upper part of course. The neck ties drive me up a wall. :-( But I need more than just one, tied around the waist. -sigh-

    Have pics of some which look perfect. But I'm not handy with a sewing machine. But still I really ought to try to make one, from the pics. Even if it did look weird, no one but E. will see it. :-)))

    And thank you much for your recent comment on my entry, about Discussion of the Look of Blogs. Especially thank you, because you had the guts to not just agree. :-)

    'Tis glorious for each of us to have our own opinions. And Discussion means different opinions. Thank you!

    Miss Mari-Nanci
    Smilnsigh
    Photos-City-Mine
    When Twilight Embraces

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I thank you for the Share the Love award, too...how did I miss that? I know I don't hurry that much through my blogging! SO thank you so much!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you - the Award Queen! Nobody deserves them more!

    Love your color choices/fabric selections.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back after major storm and power outage! I am thankful for being able to schedule posts, otherwise my blog would've been blank these past couple of days. Congratulations on these well-deserved awards!

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.