A Haven for Vee

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Site Meter and Internet Explorer Incompatible?

What an exercise in frustration blogging has been since last night. I still am not able to access my blog from my home computer. My son and daughter-in-law have Mozilla Firefox so I am able to get here from their computer.

From what little I have gathered, there is a compatibility problem between Site Meter and IE. I hope that they can clear it up. I'm a big fan of SM and a not so big fan of Firefox.

I'll be checking around to see what my blogging buds are doing regarding this little situation. Until it gets straightened around one way or the other, it appears that I am over and out.

Take care, All!

Edited to Add @ 2:34 EST...seems that all is well...must come up with a better blog entry than all of this. :D

7 comments:

  1. This morning every single blog I clicked on came up with the IE nonsense about being unable to open. It drove me crackers. That must have been the same thing.I could get on through firefox. You can download firefox to yours at home too. I don't use it as the default one, but select it when things go horribly wrong like today. Snarl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything seems to be working today... so it seems sitemeter wasn't the problem after all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to delete site meter from my blog, then it worked fine. Oh well I guess I'll just continue using Stat Counter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's unbelieveable just how frustrated and ticked I got last night when I couldn't blog surf as usual. At first I thought I had a computer virus or something (like Jen @ Sanctuary Arts), so I downloaded Firefox and all was well. Thank goodness I can use IE now...all my favs are there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem last night!I guess it was the site meter thing?
    I turned off my computer and watched a DVD instead. It was the movie "Waitress" and it was very entertaining. It even came with a booklet of delicious pie recipes!

    Computers can be sooooo frustrating at times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just waited, and it seems like somebody fixed something????


    Nice to be back on line with you Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you get it worked out? If site meter doesn't work, try stat counter (it's free) and it works with Firefox.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.