A Haven for Vee

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Give Me Jesus

In the morning when I rise, in the morning when I rise, in the morning when I rise, give me Jesus...

So many have experienced the storms of life this past week, both figuratively and literally. Brin of My Messy, Thrilling Life posted this powerful video of Hurricane Ike images. It was made by her uncle. "Give Me Jesus," sung by Fernando Ortega, is playing in the background. Perhaps the song is based on Philippians 3:8 where it says "I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord."

It's good to know that things don't remain bleak forever.

Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

~Psalm 30:5


Source

My prayer for all the victims of the storms has been that the Lord will restore what has been taken away.

Have a blessed Sunday and a blessed beginning to a brand new week.

("Give Me Jesus" has been added to my playlist just for the weekend. ETA: Nope, longer!)

(Comments are off.)