A Haven for Vee

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reclaimed Splasher

Still decluttering and cleaning these days. Warm Pie, Happy Home is my inspiration. If you've not visited Ruthann lately, do so for some wonderful tips. Course, you might want to take along a drool cloth. ;>

Thought I'd toss in my most recent rescue of an old splasher full of holes and badly stained. Now the nice embroidery has been sewed along the edge of a new K-mart Martha Stewart collection tea towel. I'm going to be doing more and more of these rescues. There's no sense in having wonderful treasures that can not be used.



Enjoy your Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. That's a great idea!

    I'll have to start getting some of the stained items I see at garage sales and such for a dime or less.

    LOVE Warm Pie, Happy Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reclaimed gussied up pretty! Great idea! Thanks for the link and the warning. I actually stumbled across her blog last week so this was my second visit. I like your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I can't wait to "rescue" a few things around my house...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to come up with something similar for my towels. I don't know WHAT these children are doing lately, but they are certainly taking it out on the towels around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very clever idea, I may have to do the same with some of mine. It looks very nice and I love and use Martha's also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is that your home in the pic at the top with the hanging tea cups.. that is a darling idea!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you rescue things, you are so talented Vee! Thanks for reminding me about Ruthann, she's such a gem :).

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.