A Haven for Vee

Thursday, October 23, 2008

BFF Award

It was back in August that I allowed awards to slip away with nary a notice. I was crazy busy as I recall and now only vaguely remember. Perhaps it was dear Carol @ Charli and Me...anyway, I want to apologize for the oversight.



The BFF award has been given to me by two of my dear blogging buds...Kathy @ Shocking Pink Thread and Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti.

Kathy didn't have any rules. In fact, she encouraged me to make up my own! I like that. Pat, on the other hand, had rules and here is the list:

1. You may only choose 5 people/blogs to give the award to...

2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog...

3. One has to be a new follower of your blog or live in another part of the world...

I am going to give this award to eight dedicated followers of my blog, if I can find some. Just kidding! I am going to go back to my archives right now and see who showed first and is still hanging in there with me. Okay, here we go...

1. Melissa @ The Inspired Room was my very first commenter. What a joy it has been to get to know her better in the past 15 months. Even though she has so much happening in her world with a wildly successful blog, she often swings by with an encouraging word. BFF, Melissa!

2. Barbara @ Ramblings from an English Garden was the second blogger to comment. I just adore Barbara and was so thrilled when she began to visit and she still does. BFF, Barbara!

3. Kari @ Just Livin' Large was the third and, by golly, if she doesn't keep on coming back for more of the drivel, too. Kari and I are nearly two peas in a party pod. ;> BFF, Kari!

4. Then would you believe Kari's Aunt Sandi @ Holding Patterns arrived? I'm so glad that she did. She commented on my grandmother's house. Love Sandi and her wonderfully funny blog. If you haven't stopped by to wish her a happy fortieth wedding anniversary, do it and be blessed by a knock-your-socks-off post about her beloved Mac. BFF, Sandi!

5. Terri @ Wind Lost was next. This gal is incredibly busy and she still stops by. Terri also was the winner of my first giveaway...a Country Living magazine subscription. I have worried ever since because Country Living is not the best match for Terri who is now posting on her recent trip to Paris. Go have a look! BFF, Terri!

6. La Tea Dah @ Gracious Hospitality then came along. She is the epitome of a gracious hostess and I was delighted when she commented. We got to know one another much better after she hosted this event:
BFF, La Tea Dah!













7. Judy @ My Front Porch showed up on the same post as La Tea Dah. What a happy day for me. I think that we comment on each other's posts no matter what. I love seeing her beautiful world and hearing about her wonderful family. There's been some heartache this year and some real joys. No matter what...I'll be there for her and I believe that she'll be here for me. BFF, Judy!

8. A Woman Who Is @ In a Garden was next. We met via Barbara as I recall. That's one of the joys of blogging. We meet someone in another blog altogether and realize that we are kindred spirits or kindred grandmothers. BFF, Cindy!

9. And though Miss Sandy @ Quill Cottage missed out by inches, I can't leave this precious gal off my list. (Remember, Kathy said that I could make up my own rules.) She's been so very supportive of this blog and I love hers. BFF, Miss Sandy!

I have so many that I would love to include because, whether you visit me or I visit you or it's a reciprocal thing, I love my blogging buddies. My world is bigger and brighter with all of you in it.

Now for two newer followers of my blog...this is tougher...but it's also fun!

1. Christi @ Charm and Grace Cottage BFF, Christi!

2. Kathi @ Lavender, Lace and Thyme BFF, Kathi!

Humble thanks for reading on a regular basis. I appreciate you so much. Looking forward to many more good times with each and every one of you.

15 comments:

  1. Okay and if you thought I wasn't going to reply to this Vee, well think again! I am so proud to have this new gold card in my wallet! I don't know if you noticed, but I put my awards in a flicker of their own. I'll post this and pass it on and leave it up for a bit then put it in the flicker show. Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed my music player!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Vee!

    "You've got mail" popped up as I was trying to figure out all of the awards I've been given and I too have allowed time to slip away...I have a huge smile on my face this morning as it was one more! Congratulations Vee, there aren't enough awards out there for you! and thank you for the kind words...off I go to work on my awards post!

    A wonderful day to you dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the world's worst about passing on awards...mainly because I feel so unworthy whenever I get one so I always feel funny passing them on. But I have to tell you, to get this one NOW, when my readership has dropped off so sharply due to my inability to stop posting political stuff (ha! I'm my own worst enemy!), means a lot to me. Thank you very much, truly.

    :)
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your reward dear one! I've been MIA and just wanted to pop in and tell you how much I miss you! Still not reading too many blogs, but I'm getting up to popping in on a few on my favorites. We're so busy around here as you can imagine, but eventually it will all slow down. Miss you and will keep in touch!
    Hugs to you...
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vee, you're such a sweetheart. I am quite honored to receive that from you, so thanks very much. As for me, I am just glad I found your blog because you are such a blessing and encouragement to me!

    Love,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vee- we posted our award for you and your fabulous blog!! Have a wonderful day!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a sweet pea! Thank you very much for the honor Vee. I truly have enjoyed getting to know you. It has been a joy and blessing to have your encouragement and friendship. Thanks for sharing your world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vee, good choices and I'll certainly pop by those I haven't yet. .
    Oh the picture at the bottom is just so pretty. . . love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am most honoured to be on the receiving end of this award! What a fun year I have had getting to know you...I most enjoy my daily visit. The tea...the sarcasm...the politics...the romance...the inspiration...it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your award.

    You are truly a great friend. You always encourage me and support my efforts and that means so much. You eve say things about my "wildly successful" blog to puff me up :-).

    I do continue to follow your blog and I count you as one of my original BFF too! It is great to have new friends but keep the old! You, dear, ARE GOLD!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Vee, you are so sweet! Thank you for the award and I take it very seriously! I always love coming over to your blog to see what fun you are up to, or if you're making a political speech or trying a recipe or writing about family. You are the real McCoy my dear, and I love peeking in on your life!

    And would love even more to sit down for a weekly tea/coffee and chat. You remind me so much of my own family.

    And I LOVE my Country Living subscription. If you didn't notice a comment I made recently, I said that modern country is one of my alter ago's favorite styles. If I had two houses, one would be more traditional and the other more country. It is a favorite look of mine and feels very HOME to me. Now, I just need to get to that country house...

    Love to you and talk soon, Terri xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. And yet another great photo, Vee!!!

    Look at all aspects of the composition.

    Your 'eye' for seeing a great photo op, is growing by leaps and bounds. I really need to try to catch up with you.

    But then, why work on it? I can come here and see your work. ,-)

    Miss Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well thank you Vee. You know why I keep coming back don't you, it's because you are a friend and I like you and I love your blog. I will accept the award with honour.I will pass it on in the near future.

    Your gran looks real good in purple.

    If I had £1 for every time I sat and read Cat in a Hat to my children I would be rich.

    All the porches are lovely and all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on the award! i love the way you passed it out...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Vee, here I am late again to the party :) I am so honored to be part of your blogging days. You are just always one of my favorites! I love how much your personality comes across your blog. I loved seeing those pictures of you and the grands reading. P.T. is just starting into book reading. So much fun, you look so happy and comfy in that chair.

    I will gladly accept this award from you.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.