A Haven for Vee

Friday, January 16, 2009

Goodbye, Mr. President


Last night, President George W. Bush said his formal goodbye to the nation. It feels right for me to express a little of what I am feeling about this President for whom I have voted twice. I know that his approval ratings are very low. I'm in that 30–34 percent of Americans who approve (most of the time) of the President. He and his strong decisions have kept this country safe for the past seven years. John and I do not take that lightly. To me, President Bush is a tenderhearted man and a strong man of faith who has made some of the toughest decisions of recent history. I admire him. I respect him. He has been in my prayers for nearly the past decade and he will be in my prayers for a lifetime. God bless you, Mr. President. I thank you and your family for your service to our country. Job well done.

(As I have learned not to trust comments on political issues, comments on this post have been turned off. Any political comments on any other post will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)