A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Illustrating a Point

LeapBlog: A game (I created) where one leaps off to a blog listed on her own sidebar and then jumps to a blog unknown to her continuing for 10x. Then, on that tenth blog, the blogger must find her own blog listed in that tenth blog's sidebar in order to win. Winning isn't everything! I rarely win LeapBlog in this way, but I do find a lot of new and wonderful blogs.

1. I begin with the first blog showing on my blogroll, which at this moment happens to be Warm Pie, Happy Home (loaded with inspirations)

2. to Backyard Candle (where you can find some great initial mugs to purchase)

3. to Bushel and a Peck (super post on silhouettes 12/29/08)

4. to The Farm Chicks (cheerful, colorful, bright)

5. to Mermaids of the Lake (interesting, but a dead end for leap blog so must back up)[ETA: Debbie from Mermaids of the Lake describes the site this way: My name is Debbie and I am one of the publishers of Mermaids of the Lake, an inspiring, creative, e-zine for women... We Mermaids are in the process of setting up a blog. It is a whole new world for us, but we should be blogging in the next two weeks. We love any venue to inspire and promote creativity. So now we know! I'm going back to check this site out more carefully soon.]

5. to Simply This That and the Other where I discover a Vintage Valentine Swap♥ was going on at Foxgloves, Fabric, and Folly. Sign-up ended last Saturday, though...shoot! Since FFF has not yet been added to STTATO so I must back up again and leap from the sidebar

6. to Jane's Apron where I found what sounds like a fantastic (and easy) brownie recipe on December 14 and December 17, 2008.

7. Now on to visit Itty Bitty Birdy (great family friendly blog with lots of fun pics)

8. to Creative Breathing where I find sweet ideas and now, realizing that I need to find my own blog on the tenth leap to win, I carefully look at her blogroll and, crossing my fingers, I select

9. Lallee's Cottage a delicious blog where Scotties are prominently featured.

10. Yay! Today, I win for Lallee has Kari and Kijsa on her blogroll and I am on theirs, I think. :D

And you know, whether I win or lose, I feel great. What a great bouquet of blogs I've discovered for today!

Now, if you find a moment to spare, go play LeapBlog.

ETA: No, I don't usually leave a comment. Oh-oh-oh, I forgot to mention the wonderful story of a marriage on the rocks after 30 years right back there at Creative Breathing...don't worry, very happy ending... Check out January 3, 2009 for the story.

22 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea, Vee. I will try this too. I have SO many blogs I love to visit already, buit the charm is knowing that there are so many many more to discover too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! Do you leave a comment at each site you visit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing a bit of leap blogging lately... that's how I found you:-) So, I too can testify to the sweet rewards of this game.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vee, with all that leaping about surely it will be helpful in your quest. . mentioned in your comment in Judy's post. .
    Yesterday. .(this has nothing to do with your post). . I was watching oprah whilst rolling noodles. ..and I was amazed at her beginning all over again her quest to lose some pounds. . .
    all the best to you, in your endeavour. . .I don't know how you will manage without a trainer and a chef. . .smirk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny! Coming up with such a clever idea! I will certainly try your game! Although I fear I am not on many blog rolls so I won't win this game...what a lovely way to find new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!! I've been playing LeapBlog since you first mentioned it. Sigh....I haven't won yet. But the upside is that I've found some wonderful blogs full of creative ideas and fun people.

    Thanks for inventing this. I love it!!

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vee - my but aren't you so imaginative! Fun game - I'll have to try it. Must say that I like your journal idea for Christmas and the "saucy" baby page. That was cute. Guess I'm a little slow this morning, but I am still trying to figure out what your daughter said!

    I like your new collage banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun game and a great way to find new blogs of interest. I'll have to try that some time. I love the new look on your banner! So very bright an cheerful and full of wonderful post memories too! Happy Tuesday ~ it is Tuesday isn't it? I am so confused as I just got m people back in place after all this holiday business and now I need to get myself back on track. Anyway, happy whatever day it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I blog hop often. Usually I find a wonderful new friend, other times I am not so lucky. But I have found some great things this way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fun Vee but I have so much waiting to post on and numerous other computer tasks that I need to keep focused at the minute.

    You will find lots of sites on The Priests if you Google it. They don't have their own though. Too busy being priests Iguess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute and clever and it sounds like a lot of fun. I am going to have to try it.

    Love your new header pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the games people play now,
    Every night and every day now...

    I must say it sounds much more appealing than leap frog...and a great way to wile away the hours. And it (blog leaping for hours) is always justifiable if you learn something you can take with you...such as how to get the seeds out of a pomegranate with NO struggle (that was my lesson for today...that I can hardly wait to try out). Have a wonderful day...leaping & hopping !

    ReplyDelete
  13. leapblog! what a great idea...I'll play too - even though chances of ever winning will be slim indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how great! but I will have to add a blogroll since all of mine are listed on the bottom of my page and thus not uniform to other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will give this game a try...just not today, to tired to leap =/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good evening Vee, This looks like fun. May I use your picture for my inspiration too?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quite entertaining Vee.....! I think we'll go have a turn!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this is a neat game. I always find myself getting lost in blog land.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this is a neat game. I always find myself getting lost in blog land.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I pay that game a lot Vee and have found some beautiful blogs that way. I usually come here from Kathi's blog at Lavender Lace and Thyme. She's got you listed first.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just came from The Cotton Patch where I left my last comment for your game. It was loads of fun and here is my journey.

    I found your blog through Farm Chicks Kitchen.blogspot. You have a great blog and it looks like a fun giveaway you just had. Wish I had known. I'll be back.


    I found your blog while following a link from Vee's blog A Haven for Vee. She's having a game and I'm meeting some wonderful bloggers. I clicked on Katherine Holman Folkart's Blog and then to the Summer Kitchen Interior's Blog, and on to The Vintage Housewife's blog, to Farm Chicks Kitchen's kitchen, spent some time in The Cotton Patch and then back here to tell Vee that it was tons of fun meeting everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sounds like fun! There are so amny wonderfuyl blogs aren;'t there? I'm glad you usually leave a comment on my blog, Vee! :-)

    I usually find new blogs through reading comments left by others at blogs I visit. That is how I found you! Where would I bew without you?
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.