A Haven for Vee

Sunday, December 20, 2009

"Row to the Ship" and Other Pieces of Advice

One of the things I dearly love about reading blogs is when a blogger shares some secret of keeping on keeping on.

Brenda at Coffee Tea Books and Me often does and, since she and I are in similar circumstances, I pay special attention. See *When I Stop Asking Why* and *When I Don't Desire Christmas.* If you read either of these, you're in for a blessing.

Recently, I was babysitting for my grandsons. My son left without telling the boys that he was leaving.

You.just.know.how.well.that.went. The youngest set up such a wail as he is wont to do that I had a headache in no time. Then he yelled something quite extraordinary, "Row to the ship!" Turns out that it's a line from Peter Pan that he likes and uses often. I don't know the context of the phrase in the movie, but for me it became crystal clear — in times of trouble, don't try to go it alone: Row to the ship or in the words of scripture, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28



Esther's Insights remains a little gem on my sidebar. Gwen created a blog to share her mother's secrets of keeping on keeping on and then moved on to bigger things leaving Esther's Insights intact. If you have an opportunity this week, read the poem Daily With You for it helps to put all things back into perspective once again.

Have a blessed week! (I'm still visiting my blogroll folks and having a blast.)