A Haven for Vee

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spirit Wings


images used by permission

Spirit Wings

Some birds live in cages
They sing a quiet song
And like them I could sing for only You
But, Lord, Your love released me
To sing a different song
And soar above the captive life I knew

Spirit Wings, You lift me over all the earthbound things
And like a bird my heart is flying free
I'm soaring on the song Your spirit brings
O Lord of all You let me see
A vision of Your majesty
You lift me up, You carry me on Your spirit wings

When my life confines me, I just look to You
And soon my heart is soaring high above
Troubles look much smaller from Your point of view
Lifted up on spirit wings of love


~Words and Music by Claire Cloninger and Michael Foster

Today, I'm delighted to point you to a dear friend's blog — Quill Cottage and specifically to a post that Miss Sandy did last Wednesday titled *Using Personal Symbolism in Art.* Without a doubt, this very post is the reason I've been humming Spirit Wings for the past several days. Scoot along now because you're in for a blessing. Be sure to look for the music!