A Haven for Vee

Monday, July 12, 2010

Bedroom Talk, etc.




No sunshine for two days, which is not a problem because we've needed the rain, that is until taking photos. Sorry about all the shadows and darkness. And looking at all these flowers, etc., I'm seeing the room with new eyes. I'm sure that my hubby would appreciate a less feminine room. New paint would be great, too!

We have some time to ourselves, John and I. My time will be used to clean, clean, clean. There are those who believe that cleaning is a time waster in my situation; I've heard from them. ;D What they may not realize is how close to the edge I get when things are out of order. So putting things back in order is very therapeutic for me. The bedroom came first. Next I'm tackling the sewing room.

And John has wanted/needed time to himself for his own projects at the Ponderosa. He has been quite strapped here helping me with Nan so I know that he'll find this time therapeutic as well.

There's a big part of me that would like to get in the car and get out of town. In moments like this, I remember Ryan Gosling's song "Put Me in the Car." (If you'd like to listen, stop my playlist at the bottom of the page by clicking on the double bars.)



Put Me in the Car

Shadows are my friends
And the light hits my face
And hides behind the clouds
And its institute of grace
And our children warm their beds
With dreams of growing old
But deception has run rampant
And their futures have been mistold

Chorus:
Just put me in the car
And drive so far
Until I'm free again
And whisper in my ear
That all these years
I've been dreaming
And then kiss me goodnight
And it'll be all right
It'll be all right
It'll be all right
It'll be all that I have ever asked of you

Darkness thinks I'm pretty
And the rain covers my soul
But the women think I'm ugly
They care not for hearts of gold
And freedom teaches nothing
If only to create
Lately innocence is jaded
Only preachers hate

Chorus:
Just put me in the car
And drive so far
Until I'm free again
And whisper in my ear
That all these years
I've been dreaming
Then kiss me goodnight
And it'll be all right
It'll be all right
It'll be all right
It'll be all that I have ever asked of you

Just put me in the car
And drive so far
Until I'm free again

Then kiss me goodnight
And it'll be all right
It'll be all right
It'll be all right
It'll be all that I ever asked of you

Yeah oooh...

Yeah oooh ooh oooh...


~Ryan Gosling
Source

Disclaimer: The blogger may not agree with all the words to this song.

Being "put in the car" may not happen. As they say: it is what it is. I'll have to be content for a clean house and a clean yard and a clean garage.

Did anyone guess that this is the mosaic that didn't make the cut for Mosaic Monday? ;)

Enjoy this day...

20 comments:

  1. Hi Vee

    Your bedroom look very pretty and feminine....and like mine, is full of books! :-)

    I can understand wanting to take time to clean and organize. I am a bit frazzled here as it has been so hot and humid this summer I have let go of a lot of my usual routine, and my house looks it! First cool day we have I will spend it cleaning.

    I do hope you get out for a car ride sometime along your break, however, as it is invigorating to see new things. Maybe go to the big old headlight and take some photos for me? ;-) Or a picnic in a park?

    Enjoy your week!

    {[ hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, dear Vee. I like the composition of the mosaic and the photos themselves.

    Take lots of deep breaths and enjoy time puttering at the things that interest you....

    I love spending time in my home when there is no pressure to do this or that. Sounds like a good idea to me.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a free day to me. No requirements...just do what you like. Putting yourself in the car for a bit sounds like a good plan as well!

    As for the bedroom...I'm sure John is perfectly happy with the cozy, comfortable look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand completely how therapeutic it is to have things in order! I'm glad you had the time to tackle what needed tackling....
    The mosaic is so cozy comfy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate with you Vee, I need things in order too!

    I actually like to clean and work in the yard, very therapeutic for me. I've always thought maybe I was different in that way.

    Ho-hummm...have a good cleaning day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH enjoy your time to yourselves and clean to your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely, restful bedroom. makes
    me ashamed for using a big portion of
    mine as a closet.

    first item of business when i get home.

    i so agree that if things get too cluttered
    i feel all out of sorts.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time to yourselves in any way that makes you feel good. I totally understand the cleaning thing. I can only go so long before the disorder gets to me. Once things are as they should be I feel better able to cope with life.
    Your corner bedroom shot is so pretty. I love the sloping ceiling and built in drawers. It looks like a fabulously cozy spot to read on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that big plumpy chair. It looks so inviting and the perfect place to read. I have struggled with the bedroom decor thing and finally decided years ago that it wasn't fair to subject the Farmer to a riot of floral. I'm now very happy with a clean, modern feel but I have touches of fru-fru.

    I would love to run away. You know me, I have the wanderlust big time.

    Have a wonderful day. And thanks for providing a safe and beautiful place to land in the blogosphere.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bedroom looks cozy and welcoming.....the perfect place to go and relax.

    I know what you mean about having things clean and orderly. I feel exactly the same...

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Monday to you, sweet friend! ♥ I love all of your mosaics! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of the chair. I could find myself there all day!

    I have to clean and organize. I don't want to be at home when things are disorganized, not so good for married life if you don't want to be at home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I'm in the mood, cleaning and reorganizing can be a very good thing. Rainy days seem perfect for that. But maybe you need to do something just for fun!

    Thanks for your comment re Colin. We are all getting used to life without him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also find cleaning and putting things in order theraputic, I view it as a good thing:)

    I hope you enjoy your "quiet time," we know what follows it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Vee,
    I am the same way, I can't stand it when things are out of place. I love it when my home is neat and tidy. Then everything seems right in my world. LOL.
    Enjoy your day, hugs Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty bedroom.
    Good luck with the cleaning, I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Oh! She's playing fast and loose with her Topic Lines again! -grinnnn-

    Your bedroom look is purrrrrrrfect.

    I completely understand about needing things to be-neated-up. Oh yes, it makes me nervous, when stuff isn't in its place, so to speak.

    With all this heat, it's like that around here too. Can't do much keeping-things-up, in the heat/humidity. It's starting to really wear on me.

    Hope you got a whole lot of straightening up done!!!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pictures are very pretty. I cannot relax unless my house is in order either. I love it when everything is done at the same time and I can sit down and have a cup of tea. To me it's so relaxing and much better than any vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Monday, Vee! Enjoy your "me" time! I clean during my time as well. You are right, it is theraputic, especially when you are stressed!

    Your bedroom looks so cozy! What a great place to retreat to.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Vee! It is a great feeling to have things cleaned and organized. I think it's healthy, too. I'll be doing some of that today, esp. as it is overcast and rainy out.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.