A Haven for Vee

Monday, August 2, 2010

Flea Market Finds and a Cool Tip


Blogdom has slowed to an easy summer morning, hasn't it? I've been visiting so many blogs and finding out so many new things. I have no idea what's going on with Followers or my own list, but I've had great fun. It was labor intensive, though. I found myself wishing that there were an easier way to sign in. I signed myself on to follow my own blog about four times. Yes, I am a bit slow. Anyway, if I've overlooked you, please let me know. I need your help with this one.

This photo needed help, too, so I used my secret arsenal for photo helps. I was getting cat calls from a group of eleven-year-old boys on the knoll behind this tree. They're out there whacking at trees and generally making nuisances of themselves. I finally suggested that they might prefer to go elsewhere to make a racket. They've been here making one for four days straight and my nerves are shot.

These are my flea market finds this week: the two books from the free bin, the tea cup for $2.50 (I've never seen such a good price and then it was reduced another .50 at the register), the little pitcher for .75, which makes it too reasonable to pass by since I am always looking for small ones. Guess that I have a collection now. Lastly, the beautiful table linen, which is about two feet wide and four and a half feet long—$2.00! Not too bad for a total of $4.99.  Now that's cheap mental health!

Okay, I promised you a "cool tip" and  here it is...

See that almost gone drink there? It's about the best thing I've tasted in a very long time and you can find the recipe by clicking Mocha Frappuccino. Tell Leah I sent you!

Now go post something, will ya? ;)

20 comments:

  1. I went to get the recipe. It sounds great. Now, you have inspired me to go to Goodwill....off I go!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Vee,
    I just read the recipe for the Mocha Frapp and it sounds delish! I will have to try it...
    You sure cleaned up at the flea market! what great deals..
    I'm going shopping with you!
    Have a restful and peaceful day! I hope those bad boys are gone now!
    Big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little cream pitcher and your new banner is gorgeous! Went to see the recipe and I know it would be good! I make one...but no sugar! lol Happy Monday....I posted today! heehee! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds at the flea market. I found some fun things at the thrift shop last week. Love those places.
    I'm off to check out that recipe as it sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are just stunning! What great finds. I have to go back to thrift shop too. That drink looks delicious. I Will pop over to the blog you mentioned and get the recipe. Thanks. I hope you have a great week. Oh, I love your new header too. Very pretty :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds! And super prices. I love your quote "Now that's cheap mental health!"

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering why all these fresh new faces were commenting on my blog today, saying "Vee sent me!" You little stinker! But you sure have some very polite friends! =) (I'm sipping on my Caramel version as I write - so yummy!)

    Also as I write, my Mom is enduring yet another back surgery. New comments have been a nice distraction, but my mind always goes back to her - have a been a good daughter? Do I tell her I love her often enough? If something were to happen, would I have any regrets about our relationship? Have I made good use of all my todays? You know - highly emotional stuff!! I'll be making the trip up to see them tomorrow, but ask for your prayers today. We struggle with some of the same stuff, you and me. You are a gem, and I'm so glad we are blogging buddies!

    XOXO
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet. I'm slowing to a summer afternoon speed. The mornings are still energetic for me but come the afternoon .. I'm a lazy little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodwill here I come! The mocha frapp sounds great... for Ashley. I don't drink coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little pitcher and the table cloth are what I pick for great finds. It's fun looking for old things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I posted total drivel 5 mins ago. Sigh. But at least I got to a computer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some wonderful goodies, Vee!

    My block had an impromptu block sale this summer and I dragged out a table and put our a lot of books with a "free" sign. I was surprised there weren't many takers! Most people told me they were also "trying to get rid of books." I used to give them to the public library and now they won't accept used books any longer. I'll have to look for a Goodwill and donate them that way.

    Oh, and what did I buy at the block sale? Children's books! LOL!

    Going to go look at the coffee drink...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new header is so beautiful as well as the flowers. Free books wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kind of day....m....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I want to go shopping with you! Great deals. Love, love the fresh flowers. You have inspired me. I must go pick a bouquet...so much loveliness out there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh dear, i forgot to thank you for the
    tip. that frequently happens when i
    check out links.

    i am looking forward to one of those
    mochas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your flea market finds. I love garage sales, some of them- this is where I can find the nicest things for miss T.

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Vee, the bouquet of flowers is so pretty! And you found some neat things at the thrift shop, love the little pitcher. And free books!! I'm a bookaholic, and that would be right up my alley!

    Have a great day.
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree that things are slow here in blog land at the moment but I am sure once last minute vacations are spent, backpacks are stuffed with new supplies, the kids are off to schools, and the first tint of turning leaves returns so will all of blogdom. Such fun finds and such great prices too! I'll have to check the recipe, my husband seems to have an addiction to such drinks, me not so much, anything mocha/coffee/frappe-ed will never pass these lips or settle on these already too ample hips! (Plus I don't like chocolate, coffee, or whippped cream of any kind)

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.