A Haven for Vee

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Promise and Another Excellent Word

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. ~Philippians 4:6

The Promise
by The Martins

I never said that I would give you silver or gold
Or that you would never feel the fire or shiver in the cold
But I did say you'd never walk thru this world alone
And I did say don't make this world your home

I never said that fear wouldn't find you in the night
Or that loneliness was something you'd never have to fight
But I did say I'd be right there by your side
And I did say I'll always help you fight

'Cause you know I made a promise that I intend to keep
My grace will be sufficient in your time of need
My love will be the anchor that you can hold on to
This is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you

I never said that friends would never turn their backs on you
Or that the world around you wouldn't see you as a fool
But I did say like me you'll surely be despised
And I did say My ways confound the wise

I didn't say you'd never taste the bitter kiss of death
Or have to walk thru chilly Jordan to enter into rest
But I did say I'd be waiting right on the other side
And I did say I'll dry every tear you've cried

'Cause you know I made a promise that I've prepared a place
And someday sooner than you think you'll see me face to face
And you'll sing with the angels and a countless multitude
This is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you

So just keep on walking don't turn to the left or right
And in the midst of darkness let this be your light
That hell can't separate us and you're gonna make it thru
This is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you
Oh, this is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you

Today I am sharing the lyrics to "The Promise," which has meant so much to us in the past week or so and :

Let me say this very carefully. A fact that every one of us has to face is that when we feel that life is meaningless, when we are bored with life, when we feel dead in our spirits, with our emotional hurts and pains, with our mental confusion ... all of those phrases add up to one thing, that at least at that moment we are IGNORANT OF THE LOVE GOD HAS FOR US. For when I know the love God has for me, then my mental confusion disperses like fog on a summer’s morning. The hurts and pains of my life are healed by His presence. Boredom is a word that can never be used of a person who walks in the love of God. This is the answer. It is the final key to all of our spiritual, mental, emotional health and, indeed, our physical health, too. The Love of God.
This is the first paragraph of an article found *here.* How I stumbled upon it Monday evening when I needed it most, I attribute to the Spirit's leading. I wasn't even looking for anything about worry or the Lord or anything like that, I was researching autism of all things. Bookmark it and save it for a time when you can read it or print it off as I am planning to do as soon as I get some printer ink.

As always, comments are closed on Sunday morning posts. Have a blessed day...