A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ironing Board Stash, etc.

Molly returned much changed from the groomer's yesterday. Not only did she lose a lot of hair; apparently, she's lost quite a little weight. My sister had warned me about overfeeding her as I had been giving Molly even more than they give their big dog. So I followed package directions carefully and backed way off the treats. Now she's one svelte dog. I need a personal assistant like that.

Today dawned bright and lovely. I'm a bit concerned about the very red sunrise; you know what that bodes. I'm off to do my errands, pay for my mother's storage, and grocery shop. Unfortunately, we do need to eat. After being ill most of last week, I haven't been giving meal preparation much attention. Yes, I am quite convinced that John would like something good for supper.

Ironic thing about yesterday's exercise in template changing... Trying to avoid the limited choices in stretch minima backgrounds, I find that stretch minima backgrounds work best on my computer, which has a wide screen. Combining the stretch minima background with the new template allows me to have color on the edges and the all important white or light space in the center.


Lastly, I have my fabric, my string, my filler, and my bodkin, which means just one thing—a new ironing board cover! Oh how I hope it's as easy as it looks. If it turns out at all, I will certainly share. If not, you'll never hear this discussed again. :D

Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Hon, when you get back from your errands, I do hope you'll pop over to see my new blog look.

    TOTAL escape!!! :-)))))))))

    But with bronchitis back in the house, why wouldn't I want to escape? Far, far away! :-)

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to the link you gave for centering header, typed it in and, walla...centered. So, girl, it works. Thanks for the tip.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your ironing board cover works out! I would love to learn how to make them. I have been buying custom ones on ebay, but I bet it is a lot less expensive to make your own!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome to be making your own ironing board cover. Can't wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is light and happy looking and easy to read. I like it!!
    I did the grocery shopping today too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vee,

    I will be interested in how the ironing board cover project works out! I always start these projects and end up buying what I was trying to make! I make lots of things but ironing board covers would be a stretch. I can't (won't) iron...LOL

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your header looks so pretty. I need to work on my blog and change my header..... not sure I'm brave enough to do it though....

    Have a good afternoon running your errands.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is where I confess that I once made a beautiful new ironing board cover using, wait for it, polycotton. Oops. The iron welded itself to it on Day One. Not one of my shining moments. It was a long time ago, though. Does that count????

    ReplyDelete
  9. My question is - what's an ironing board? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hopefully we do see it! Have a delightful home cooked meal! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the header looking larger today ..or is it that wearing my contacts make it seem that way? :)

    I am still fighting jet lag ..or maybe the dolsrums of being back home and the old routine?

    Grandson # 2 will be asrriving in this world any day now and I'll be so excited to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The printed border I saw yesterday was fresh, but this more muted blue on blue is even fresher. I like it a lot. But then, I'm a sucker for blue.

    Hope the ironing board cover comes together as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love the way you write. You should really sit down one day and let BookSmart turn your blog into a book keepsake.

    Sewing. Something I envy that people can do. I can sew a little, but everything looks like I am back in Home Ec in the seventh grade...which is too many years ago to think about. You know when you feel old, when you go Antiquing and you find all of your old toys.

    Well, I hope you make your lovely husband a nice supper now.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. It feels good to get those groceries and make a good meal when you finally feel better. Hope that is the case for you...that you truly are feeling better and that dinner was yummy.

    we are prepping for 2-3 inches of rain. Hope it stays out of our basement and our church building. Heavy rains this years have gotten into both this year.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.