A Haven for Vee

Monday, May 9, 2011

No Duds Here...

First of all, before I forget, thank you so much for your comments on Recipes and Dishes. You gals are smart and there are plenty of great ideas for storing recipes and dishes. I like the idea of storing dishes in an old unused freezer. Why not? Very convenient. And I like the idea of having a laptop in the kitchen for pulling up recipes saved on the computer. Guess I'd better start saving my pennies.

***

Second of all, before I forget, thank you to all those who sent an encouraging email yesterday. You knew it had all the potential for being one of those bittersweet days. It was so special to know that I was being thought of and prayed for. At one point, I found myself smiling as I thought that my own mother never knew a Mother's Day without her mother being a part of it. Whenever I am tempted to think of all the things my grandmother and mother are missing, I remember that Heaven is filled to overflowing with comforts and loved ones; I am immediately consoled. Nan and Mother are well and more alive than they ever were on this earth and enjoying Heaven and being with the Lord.

***

Your prayers were answered, too. I received a call early in the morning, before eight, and a confirmation call at nine saying that "the gang" would be arriving in half an hour. They did. They stayed much of the day. We had great fun and all reflection time was done together. This was sweetly comforting.

As you know, I often provide the mosaic dud on Monday. This Monday, I am not thinking of these mosaics as "duds." (After all, a gal should not call her children and grandchildren "duds." They are just meant more for my regular readers who might be interested in such things.)


My grands have visited twice since Friday. They fell in love with R*ee D*rummond's Charlie the Ranch Dog. Their dad, my son, had all his wisdom teeth removed last Friday so the grands came this way to provide him with some respite and a very attentive nurse. Charlie was the hit of the day both Friday and yesterday. My son is a pretty laid back guy, with meds, he's even more laid back than usual as you can see from this video and his editorializing in an Irish accent??? (It certainly isn't a Maine one.)



Yup, makes me laugh every time.

Brenda shared in earlier comments that PW did an entire post on the making of Charlie. I found it  *here.* There is good information for anyone who has ever thought of writing a children's book.



Okay, I'm easy. This one makes me laugh, too. You can see how the baby grand gets into this story.


Reading C*harlie the Ranch Dog


Auntie listening in


Auntie's Phone

The grands are quite smitten with their auntie and her long hair. Here's another video that makes me laugh.



Return tomorrow to read more about our adventure in the graveyard. Ai yi yi...

Have a happy afternoon!



Edited to Add: Oops! Forgot to post date. Oh well, these things happen.

25 comments:

  1. A second post!!!

    :-))))

    Gentle hugs,
    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I should wave Good Morning to you! Over there, to the East!

    Gentle hugs,
    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post!!! Your family mosaics and videos are WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post Vee. I love your mosaics and it was fun watching the videos...
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you kids and grands came to spend the day with you! It looks like the best of Mother's Days.

    You do such a fine job of promoting the books of your 'friends'. I watched the video clips...and smiled...and am thinking I need a Charlie over here!

    Love the mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. Your children and grandchildren are so wonderful. You can feel the love present there.

    I have two more children who will likely have their wisdom teeth removed, Jonathan is done with that, and then we can sigh in relief.

    I am glad you had a sweet day.
    So glad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! Your son does indeed look and sound mellow - poor guy. Wisdom teeth extractions are not much fun.

    I'm glad you shared these bits and pieces of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. although your son does a splendid job, you can listen to ree read the book as well. i found it quite humorous.

    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/online-storytime-books-toys/379002381/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been away from blogging for the last couple of days. So glad you had a good Mother's Day. I did as well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you found happy moments on a somewhat bittersweet day. I enjoyed your videos. The grands are adorable and that book looks like a smashing hit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy you enjoyed a wonderful Mother's day with your children, Vee. The videos were fun to watch, and yes, I think your son spoke with an Irish lilt very well! :) When we were in N Ireland recently my husband was working in the Belfast office all the days I was out sightseeing, and he began to pick up an Irish lilt himself. It so so charming.

    You daughter is so pretty and your grandsons look very energetic and I bet they keep you busy and smiling when they are over.

    Ree's book looks like a definite hit --I will have to look into getting it for my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, my friend! I thought about you yesterday and failed to send you an email... So sorry. Spent the day with my mom and dad and Tony's mom. Since we lost Tony's dad and are losing his mom to Alz., it makes the time with my own parents so precious...

    I loved your little videos of your kiddos. Actually, (and your son may or may not appreciate this) when I looked at the first pic of him on the couch with the boys I thought it was 3 young'uns! Your son looked very young all smushed down on the couch and his baseball hat on. He was definitely feeling the effects of pain meds! I had myself a giggle this morning, too!
    These were cute, Vee! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your "littles" all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vee,
    I just got back from Vermont. As I drove through New Hamshire I was thinking about you. I hope that you felt my prayers. You are amazing, and so is your family. Wow, to be blessed with Grands!!! Your little ones are precious. Looks like you had a glorious Mother's Day.

    I haven't had time to post yet, but I wanted to stop by and say hello.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing these. I was (still am) smiling. What a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful family photos, your grandchildren are adorable. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You couldn't have asked for better colors in your mosaic, Vee. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful family moments! And I can't wait to hear about the graveyard adventure, Ai yi yi...


    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad that you had some company and some cheerful good times!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you had some family with you on mothers day....I love the pictures and video !!!!
    Beautiful family........

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that's what I call a Mosaic of fun. And yes, Ree's Charlie is a charmer...but then so is she!!! Glad your Mother's Day was a memorable one, and I know how it is to miss your mother and grandmother on that day. I found myself a bit blue...but I proudly pinned on my white roses for their memory as I headed off to church. Hugs to you my dear Vee!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello My Friend. So glad that your family was there to surround you with love and laughter. I guess they say there's a little Irish in all of us.

    Have a wonderful week!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  22. You knew i would enjoy this!! I often think of my loved ones who are with the Lord in heaven, and I sometimes wonder If God rolls the curtains back and let them see our special times together. And this Mother's Day at your home looks like a great time for this to happen.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your family mosaics and beautiful. I love seeing heads leaning against each other and books being read.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sandy, thank you for the link. I forwarded it along to the boys who'll be delighted I'm sure. Do you blog?

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.