~Right click, open link in new window, and regular click again for largest size~
1. a large island either a built-in or a farmhouse table with lots of outlets (My sister wants her sink and dishwasher built into her island.) Source
2. a pantry in the kitchen or handy to it Source
3. a cabinet specifically for cookie sheets and racks Source
4. more lower drawers and fewer upper cabinets (My sister is about five feet tall. This is an important one for her.) Source
5. warm floors Source
6. light painted cabinets Source
7. double oven and built-in microwave Source
8. instant hot water Source
9. pull out storage Source
10. lots of windows and a big sink Source
11. a chaise and a cool drink to watch the workers Source
12. not too matchy-matchy
A lot of points were hit in *this photo from Houzz:* note difference in counter surfaces, what a view, farmhouse sink, and painted off-white cabinetry.
13. Oops...forgot an important one that many mentioned: a gas stove!
I'll try to pop in a photo as work progresses over the summer. Sis is actually not going to have a window in her kitchen (accckkkk!) She will have two patio doors opening to a screened in porch. An added feature of her kitchen is a brick fireplace on one end already there, and she has her porch swing, too. It's not my project, but that doesn't mean that I'm not
Anything you'd like to add?