1. Besides your very own house, describe a place where you feel most 'at home'?
I feel at home in many people's homes. Give me a cup of coffee, a cookie, and engage me in good conversation and I'm "at home." The ultimate "at home" experience, in former years, was at my parents' home and my grandparents' homes.
2. When did you last 'hit a home run' with something? Explain.
It must have been a long time ago because I don't remember it.
3. Tell us about something you love in your house or kitchen that is 'homemade.'
So many from which to choose since homemade is my favorite. I suppose that the crocheted table toppers my mother made are in the love category.
4. 'A man's home is his castle'...which of the world's ten most captivating castles (according to The Travel Channel) would you most like to visit and why-
Mont Saint-Michel (France), Edinburgh Castle (Scotland), Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany), Glamis Castle (Scotland), Windsor Castle (England), Chateau de Chambord (France), Hampton Court Palace (England), Prague Castle (Prague), St. Michael's Mount (England), Leeds Castle (England), and Swallow's Nest (Ukraine)
Alas, I am not a traveler so I will simply tour castles in my dreams. Any of the Scottish castles will do. I note that my beloved's family castle is not included in that list. ☺ He didn't like those outside stairs.
5. What's a recent or upcoming plan or project that's required you do a little homework before getting started? Did the homework cause you to abandon your plan or adjust it in some way?
The entire personal representative of an estate thing has required a fair amount of homework, which is ongoing. I like nothing about this project so I am eagerly looking forward to the day when it is ended.
6. In your opinion, is homework an unnecessary evil or a valuable practice?
It has all the potential for both.
Should schools be done with homework?
No, but homework should be reasonable and limited and any teacher who assigns a major project over vacation weeks ought to be canned. ☺
Why or why not?
Homework should not be eliminated because parents need to see how well their children are doing and students need reinforcement of new concepts. That said, homework must be limited. A family does not want to spend all its time together in the pursuit of homework.
7. Share a favorite memory of your childhood hometown.
Since I still live in my childhood hometown, this will be easy. Thinking, thinking, thinking... Okay, no it won't.
Trying again here. There has been a major change in my town, since childhood, and that has been the loss of the elm trees. They lined all the major streets and things have not been the same since they had to come down.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I promised to show where the 14 is now. It's temporary, just want to look at it longer. (It's directly across from my chair.) I'll do something more "with it" soon. Check back on the post prior to this one for an important update at the end.
Thanks to Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for thinking of these fun questions!