1. "The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently?
2. What's something you can't eat without salt? Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all?
On the advice of Rachel Ray, I have begun generously salting the water for boiling pasta. Yup. She's right. It makes a world of difference. Other than that, I try not to use salt. Many foods are plenty salty enough. (A guilty pleasure is salting an orange or an apple.)
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now?
Bury my head in the sand...
because I am biding. Once spring arrives, action must be taken. Until then, I'm content to make like an ostrich.
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
Anne of Green Gables set in Prince Edward Island. It's a big island, but it is not only an island; it is also the smallest Canadian province. It is a book, a movie, and I adore Hagood Hardy's theme music. Do you?
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
I ran my day. I planned it, followed through, and accomplished what needed doing. Simple things. Nothing difficult. Now let us not discuss the day before.
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
That beach chair is looking comfy.
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
Our very lives. One morning, I won't be down for breakfast. I am taking "Teach us to number our days" very seriously. (Psalm 90:12)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well I have a lot of random thoughts. Alas, they may not be fit for public dissemination. I was going to tell you what I thought of the women's march on Washington, D.C., though I just bet that you can tell me what I thought. ☺ You know me quite well by now! Perhaps I was even thinking what you have been thinking.
Dearer to my heart...they were/are splendid. My hopes are high. Praying for President and Mrs. Trump, this country, and its people.
Thanks for reading...
Thanks for reading...