A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

#315 Hodge Podge Wednesday

From this Side of the Pond

1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? 




Napping on Monday (I wrote this post on Tuesday) But wait! Tuesday afternoon at 3:15 I was sewing slipcovers for the camp cushions. I feel better about myself already.


Is that typical? 


napping? no, but not an aberration either

sewing? no, ditto


On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?


6


2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.


Though I just threw a towel into the laundry, I would say that someone lobbed a curveball at me. No elaborating.


3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.



a. wisdom to know proper direction
b. peace in decision making
c. better health


4. Do you think you're strong? 


not so very


Why or why not?


I don't feel strong 


What makes you strong?


My faith in The Lord is the Source of my hope in His strength, not my own.


5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction?


no 


 What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?


Memoirs are my favorite historical genre.
Out of Africa by Isak Dineson (Karen Blixen's pen name) is a favorite.

💕When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself. ~Karen Blixen 

***

💕Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. ~ Karen Blixen

***

💕God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road. ~Karen Blixen 


Let's see, what innocuous, inane thing can I chat about to disguise what I'd really like to chat about? The weather! Today we are back in sunshine and warmth after two rainy days with much lower temps...as low as the 50s.

Thank you for reading today and now I return you to Joyce and her friends 🌹HERE. 




23 comments:

  1. Love you answers; forthright, honest and from the heart.

    You are strong, Vee. Please don't make me say it again.

    Jane x ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Karen Blixen quotes. I've not read that book. Do you like that cooler weather? It never stops raining here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a very rainy summer, which does not thrill me. The cooler days were pleasant after the heat and mugginess of the prior five.

      Delete
  3. Oh contrary, you are strong, Vee...you just don't see it.

    You better start elaborating, or I'm going to hunt ya down, giggling. You know where to find me, my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. "and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."

    Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I must agree with Linda...you seem pretty strong to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vee~

    I really love these, Mod Podge days, you find out a lot about a person don't you? It's all good, my friend! I agree with Debby Ray . . . you are stronger than you think.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your source of strength too!!

    We are having cooler, drier air today. I am grateful. (I'd not mind your 50s at all!)

    I like the quote about doing things in little bits. It is what I believe too. So why have I not been doing it? Going to make some progress today . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy reading your Hodge Podge answers. The quotes are wonderful and ones I would like to keep handy for periodic reminders.
    Your cool temperatures sound most refreshing to me right about now. Although I am encouraged to hear that we will be in the 80s and cloudy today. Might even get out there to pull some weeds.
    I agree wholeheartedly with what so many here have already stated. You are strong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to read your hodgepodge answers because you don't pull any punches. No dreamy answers from you- bold, stark reality flows forth. You are my kinda gal!
    I hope you can make some good decisions and you feel stronger as you make each one. It is tough to make life-altering decisions as we get older. I have some coming up, too, and there are days I would just like to push those decisions into the background so I don't have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You are my all in all" Glad we have His strength to depend on. I do enjoy cooler weather. I'm a heat wimp. I like your #3 list. I'm having trouble putting words together this morning. A lousy night of sleep. Hope things look up the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like reading posts like these; it helps to get to know you especially when you are new to the table. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like our crazy weather ~ northern states! Based on this past year+, I think you're one of the strongest people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really do need to jump back onto the Hodgepodge...soon. Oh how I would love a little weather in the 50's. We have been hovering between 90 and 95. Your source of strength is of course mine as well and how grateful I am would be hard to explain. Whatever would we do without Him? But make no mistake...your life is a witness to the power of HIM as you show such inspirational strength and fortitude in most everything you do. Mixed in with a good dose of humor as well of course! And what was I doing yesterday at 3:15??? Driving home from Newport after getting my hair done, lost on the freeways..lol. Haven't done that in a while, but missed a connection and then missed another and soon had myself swirling along in the complete wrong direction! Typical? Nope, thank goodness. I am usually grabbing my 15 minute power nap about then. Maybe that's what was wrong! Have a good day Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your answers to #3, and what makes you strong!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been a cool (and rainy) summer for a change which is fine by me but I know there are gals in TX and other states having a very hot summer.
    Out of Africa is one of my favourite movies, have watched it many times and perhaps I should read the book too. ;-)
    Of course by 3:15 I'm having my afternoon cuppa but have been known to have a cat nap afterwards.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You were productive, that's a good thing. I like you three things, I could use those too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vee, I'm envious of your cooler days. We are having a great afternoon with cooler temps and no humidity. My daughter (in New England) tells me she had a shawl on yesterday and she was knitting socks! Oh well, it's summer and it would be quite odd for us in VA to have temps in the 50's. I admire your spunk at 3:15. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. You might not be strong, Vee, but God is. Praying for you as you lean hard on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The weather is definitely a nice neutral topic : ) Sorry for your curveball and hope you can lob it back somehow. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are wonderful quotes by Karen Blixen. Thanks for widening my horizon with them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hodge Podge Wednesdays are new to me. Sigh! Sorry it's been so long since I visited.
    I amazed mywelf today when I decided to start blogging again. Hope you'll stop by sometime soon.
    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting answers, Vee! We're having perfect awesome amazing weather right now, too.
    I wish it were always like this in the summer. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete