A Haven for Vee

Monday, July 24, 2017

Time Out

Gonna tell you a little story and all those who read my last post will understand perfectly.



This past weekend was spent helping my kids with their move. Adam and Michelle had so much wonderful help on Saturday, as many as six other couples all working together to get it done. There really wasn't much that I could offer so it was suggested that I could best help at the old address. Perfect. I had the place all to myself for a number of hours and got a few things accomplished.



Sunday morning, I returned to finish up a few of the things that I had noticed I could help with. I found Laurel looking things over and planning her course of action for the day. She said that she was starving and so we decided to go out for breakfast first. The most important thing you know!



We settled into a nook at our favorite hole in the wall and enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Laurel shared her week's trials with me. Life can be messy and challenging. She had my attention and I will pray that this week is better than last for her. 



When we got back to the car, I shared a few things on my heart...my week had also been messy and challenging. Then I heard a bit of a sigh and Laurel said, "Mom, I didn't have a headache when this conversation started."
Oh dear! ใƒƒ


I get the distinct sense that that's how I'm coming across here. Time-out corner for me again!๐Ÿ˜Œ 


Have a blessed week!



p.s. another rant coming on... I deeply resent morphing graphics like the white flower formerly used above that turns into a red flower with strange marks on it on my iPad. I took a closer look at what I first thought was a button with thread (old eyes) and learned this:

๐Ÿ’ฎ = Asian symbols meaning "brilliant homework." Really? Forget it. Not interested, which is why all those white flowers on PCs and red flowers on iPad have been changed to buttons from PicMonkey.

However, I did learn how to figure out what those symbols are...type them into an email, highlight them, and ask the iPad to speak them. Maybe that will give me something to do for a few hours...