A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Brighter Day

Just can't leave the blog as I did yesterday. Talk about mortification...I truly am...mortified that is. I am blaming a snowstorm and my being prone to think the worst first. You'd think that I would have learned by now for I have always been proven wrong by doing that, given enough time. The blog was an easy fix once I settled down long enough to figure it out.


"It will pass, the sun will break through..."


Okay, moving right along with something brighter...


Yes, it did snow all day yesterday accumulating about four inches. It won't last this day. Funny how snow in December seems good and fine, but at the end of April it is terribly discouraging. Though it may look like winter outside and, while I am hearing the steady run of melting snow from the roofs,  inside it is spring. Further, snow does not compare to tornadoes, floods, hail or many of the foul weather systems that some have faced recently. Spring has always had a mind of its own.

~a simple centerpiece~


Besides, since the first robin has been spotted, it must be spring!



Of this photo, John says that my ink blot profile must be off the chart. (Hmmm...wonder what he means by that.) This is a marble birthday cake made by my grandson and me for his dad's birthday. When it came out of the oven, I called Jakob over to see what he had to say about the picture on the top. We see a rabbit on skis. It looks as if he is tossing globs of chocolate into his mouth. One can even see the motion marks. Jakob said that since he was responsible for the chocolate part of the marbling that he is obviously responsible for this picture. We got a kick out of it.





My gift to you today is closing comments so that you may skip along with all due apologies for yesterday. Gheesh. 


See you next week, The Lord willing and my wits stay intact.

ツ