Oh I do hate to say goodbye to August. Still, my sister and I and her grands will squeeze out every drop. We are planning a picnic today between rain showers. It probably means eating at Mickey D's and hoping for a bit of clear sky to sail some boats.
A Haven for Vee
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Let's Get Started...
1. Do you have a sister? Tell us something about her. If you don't have a sister, tell us about a friend who has been like a sister. Or tell us about a sister-in-law if you have one who is extra special.
2. Resister, assister, insister, persister...choose one of the words listed and explain how it relates to you and your life lately.
3. Share a favorite song, book, movie, or television program that features sisters.
4. August 3rd is national watermelon day...are you a fan? Do you like watermelon flavored candy? Besides eating the melon as is, do you have a good recipe made with watermelon?
5. 'Tis August...what are three things you're looking forward to this month?
6. Insert your own random thought here.
1. Yes, I have a sister who shows up from time to time here on the blog. If you peek in the "Who" folder in my sidebar, you'll see her photos. And her grands who are four years old and two years old are also there. (It's lovely to have little folks in the family again.) We have weekly visits when life allows. On Wednesdays as it so happens. Alas, illness struck this week.
My sister has been a great blessing to me in my health journey often taking me to doctor appointments, hair appointments, and grocery shopping. She has also done laundry, dishes, and cleaning. Sometimes it helps to have a nurse in the family. ツ
2. Resister—one must be willing to resist in this bizarre day and age. Whenever possible, I throw sand into the mechanism, if needed. No, I am not explaining.
3. Little Women, of course. I am thinking that this will be the number one response.
Go out more, keep cheerful as well as busy, for you are the sunshine-maker of the family, and if you get dismal there is no fair weather.
~ Louisa May Alcott,
4. Yes, I love watermelon. No, I do not enjoy watermelon flavored anything. No, I have no recipes that employ watermelon in the ingredients list.
5. Picnics, Picnics, Picnics
6. Many random thoughts wander about in my old head. Coming in for a landing would be too much of a challenge today. Trust me!
Thank you for reading. Please join Joyce *here.*