A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's Get Political

February 12, 2023




January 31, 2023



November 22, 2022







November 5, 2022





October 14, 2022


Thank you, Tucker. I agree. 

August 13, 2022

"People like us, you and me, raised in the understanding that we are free, that we have inalienable rights, and that the institutions of this country have our best interests at heart, will tend to tie ourselves in knots rather than contemplate the idea those authorities might actually be working against us now. I took that thought of benevolent, well-meaning authority for granted for most of my life, God help me. Not to put too fine a point on it, I was as gullible as the next chump...


It is hard to think the unthinkable. It’s hard to think that all of it, all the misery, all the suffering of the past and to come might just be about money, greed and power. It is hard to tell yourself you’ve been taken for a fool and taken for a ride. It’s hard, but the view from the other side is worth the effort and the pain. Open your eyes and see." ~Neil Oliver


Source: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/08/13/neil-oliver-think-the-unthinkable-and-accept-that-is-the-better-reference-point/


June 30, 2022 June 18, 2022 Smart College Student...


May 29, 2022

Lady calls out the Hollywood Pukes and Stephen King for Political Virtue Signaling as we grieve for the precious lives lost in Uvalde massacre..



April 30, 2022




March 27, 2022




March 15, 2022


Ivermectin Works!

The FDA lied to you. The CDC lied to you. The corporate media lied to you. Big Pharma lied to you. Your doctor lied to you.

At this point in recent history, we all don’t really need more reasons to despise the corporate media and the federal government’s public health establishment but we have one more reason nonetheless: Ivermectin is an effective treatment for the COVID virus.

This is a reminder that the CDC and the FDA ( and Fauci and Birx and Collins and all the rest of them) suppressed and banned Ivermectin in order to force the America people into taking deadly mRNA vaccines that don’t stop COVID but do change your DNA.

Almost the entire American medical community bent the knee to the CDC and the FDA too — which means that they failed to protect their sick patients from treatments that don’t work (COVID vaccines, Remdesivir) and failed to give them treatments that do work. Our doctors waited to treat sick patients until COVID was well advanced, and then hooked them up to useless ventilators and useless drugs until they died — because our doctors and our hospitals were incentivized by the U.S. federal government to do so.

https://emeralddb3.substack.com/p/ivermectin-works


January 17, 2022


November 14, 2021


August 26, 2021

Fascinating! I'm going to think twice about flu vaccines for sure. 

 

February 4, 2021

"I am a member of the world population, a world population that observes from some distance and, as a member of this world population, these are the options: 
I can continue cutting the branch I am sitting on...the branch on which others are sitting with me.
I can continue with the mask madness, the creation of panic, the madness of the vaccines and pseudo-solidarity or I can take a different path.

I can take the path of the joy of life.
I can take the path to activate my healthy self.
I can take the path to be loving, loving with myself and with others.
I can take the path of being truthful, being honest and building a real community.

Everyone has a choice.
Everyone can ask the question
Whose side am I on? "

~Professor Franz Ruppert


Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:7-10

January 4, 2021

https://twitter.com/jonvoight/status/1345905262633373696?s=20

or

Jon Voight (@jonvoight) Tweeted: America https://t.co/3EDdW4mpCc
https://twitter.com/jonvoight/status/1345905262633373696?s=20


🙏🏼


November 29, 2020

"The media in your state is utterly corrupt." Tucker Carlson

November 28, 2020




November 18, 2020

So much to fret over if I were a fretting kind of person. Who am I kidding? I am definitely one of those. 

This is how Congressman Jim Jordan stated it on the 16th. Doubtful that things have improved in the two days since.

"Today your freedom: -To go to church -To go to work -To go to school -To have friends in your home -To leave your home -To dance at your daughter’s wedding -To celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving 

is being taken away < by > government.



November 16, 2020


The Conservative Treehouse is a site where I have read and commented for the past six plus years. It is the reason I have a Wordpress account. When Wordpress kicks the Treehouse off their platform, I will be deleting my Wordpress account. I don't know what this means for my Wordpress blogging friends, but thought I should give a head's up. This may mean goodbye. 😢


November 8, 2020





October 28, 2020



October 25, 2020


Love her! 



October 14, 2020

How interesting! And scary...






July 28, 2020

AG Barr: “What makes me concerned for the country is, the first time in my memory, that the leaders of one of our great two political parties, the Democratic party, are not coming out and condemning mob violence and the attack on federal courts.”





July 5, 2020

<Imagine a video showing fireworks blasting off all over the city. The video has been removed like so many videos of late.>

Fireworks blasted all around my small hometown last evening until well after midnight. I sent a text message to my sister with a small video of the blasts. She responded, "Same here. Isn't it wonderful?"

Yes, indeed it was. 

This video from California blessed me. I sensed that "where the Spirit of The Lord is, there is Liberty." Patriots have often been silent, but not last night. 



June 24, 2020

Excellent interview with Ben Carson, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.



When asked what can be done about the rioters and unrest, Dr. Carson says this:

You may be a little surprised at my answer. The answer lies in each one of us. Those of us who actually love this country, love the freedoms that we have, wanna pass them on to our children, are gonna have to stop being quiet...you've got to be brave and stand up for what you believe in; otherwise, it will be taken away from you. 






June 14, 2020

Oh, yes, I'm terribly impressed with Maine's governor....NOT





June 12, 2020





June 6, 2020
May 20, 2020

*A moving tribute to Ravi Zacharias by Kaleigh McEnany.*

At one point, with tears in her eyes, Kayleigh says something like we don't have to grieve because we are Christians. 

If I were able to add a gentle admonition, I would say that The Word does not tell us not to grieve, it's just that Christians grieve differently. Our experience on earth is, after all, much different from Ravi Zacharias's in Glory. 

Comfort to all who are grieving this great man's passing... The Lord is very near. 

ETA March 1, 2021: I considered removing this paragraph and then realized what a cowardly thing that would be. Instead, I am sharing a link to the blog post where Brenda at Coffee Tea Books and Me expresses her views on what has turned out to be a huge fall from grace. My hope is that, though there seemed not to be time for RZ to make public amends, that there was time to talk it over with God. 

You'll find the link *here.*



March 25, 2020

A little fun! Some people are so clever! 





March 20, 2020


updated daily

February 4, 2020



Unbelievable! 


November 4, 2019

Emotional, raw truth. It may make you weep.

https://twitter.com/DavidJHarrisJr/status/1191034620474728450

May 26, 2019

A Day of Prayer is Called for June 2, 2019

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx7GtWyD67z/?igshid=sn9gn091n7nh



March 25, 2019

Kellyanne Conway Speaks With Media

I love this gal! She can be pleasant and snarky at the same time and she doesn't allow the media to push her around. (I am not a fan of most media. They are truly embarrassing. Not many real journalists left. The genuine ones make a very short list.)


February 14, 2019


January 27, 2019

New York Celebrated...



There is much to be concerned about in the past week's events. Yet nothing compares to what New York legislators did with Governor Cuomo at the helm. Unbelievable and frightening. I much appreciated what *this doctor had to say:*    






November 11, 2018


Used by Permission





October 20, 2018

Yes, it did make me cry...

San Francisco: Now so bad, it’ll make you cry: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/san_francisco_now_so_bad_itll_make_you_cry.html


October 8, 2018

The Creepy Line: https://youtu.be/HqlDtjnwyPA

July 14, 2017




Great Interview with President Trump from Pat Robertson of CBN. Pat may be elderly, but he is a sharp cookie and he knows what's going on. Further, he actually allowed President Trump to answer, which allowed me to learn many new things I'd never learn from the Fake News Outlets.


July 4, 2017




June 16, 2017

This has been a difficult week in the political sphere. The tone of political discourse has become totally foul and ugly and I blame many on the left for it. The problem seems to be that we can't courteously disagree. I am in complete agreement with the following quotes from Mark Steyn and I have provided the video sources from which they come. I double dog dare you to listen.



If you don't want to have the debate, you're the fascist; if you're wearing a mask and beating up people at a book launch, you're the fascist; if you're sending a female professor to hospital, you're the fascist. ~Mark Steyn






Right, and if you're shooting Republican senators at a baseball practice or cheering about it, you're the fascist. If you are pretending to stab the President or decapitate him, YOU are the fascist. (Sorry, I know the word should be capitalized, but I refuse to do it.)

We don't actually need unity; we need robust, civilized disunity. 

~Mark Steyn


Now wouldn't that make the best sense of all? Imagine...robust and civilized. We can all heed this good advice. 






June 8, 2017


Used by Permission





May 2, 2017



March 1, 2017

from last night's speech to a joint session of Congress:



My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America.
~President Trump


And a hearty amen to that. Finally, finally, finally, a president who knows his job.

February 5, 2017

Time for some levity...


Click to enlarge...her facial expressions are priceless. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

January 30, 2017

Something very fishy going on here...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/01/30/canadian-terrorists-shout-allahu-akbar-during-slaughter-inside-canadian-mosque-six-killed-eight-injured/


January 25, 2017

When it comes to public safety, there is no place for politics...we want safe communities for everyone...I will be a President for everyone.

~President Donald Trump
speech to Homeland Security
January 25, 2017


January 19, 2017




November 11, 2016

Three days after the election and progress has already begun. I'm not here to educate anybody so Duckduckgo.com it for yourselves. ☺



Oh the pearl clutching. Oh the hand wringing. Oh the wailing and the tears. I have backed out of so many blogs in recent weeks without commenting. I took note. I frowned. I smiled. I decided not to go there

I thought that I would post my little comments  on the front page, but have since decided against it. My commentary may be perceived as contentious so I'll backpage it. No, I pay little attention to the cute little graphics concerning how I should behave post election. 
Good grief! 
The very nerve! 
=/

So I am thrilled with the election. Thought it would be even bigger actually, but corruption runs deep and that is why you saw so much dismay on those journalists' media types' faces. They could not believe that the vote overwhelmed the plan/cheating/corruption. (A lot of Clinton supporters just don't want to hear all that she's been up to. You know, the nausea-inducing things we learned a week ago. Remember: Duckduckgo is your friend. And she won the popular vote? Go try to get some fool to believe that. Both houses were won  and she has the popular vote? I don't think so. And all those protestors? Democrats wonder why they lost? Here's a clue: We are sick of this kind of behavior. Sick of it. Enough is enough.) This win was God at work. It's not their loss; it's not our win; it's God.

I was in Trump's camp from about week two of his campaign. John was much more reserved. It took him another week. A week of not being on the same team was not pleasant. Finally, I said in total exasperation, "Listen, listen, listen to the man. Listen to what he is saying and he's the only one saying it and he sounds just like you."  Well not exactly just like John, but very close if John had been a more profane man.

A lot of people in my family had plenty to say about Trump's language. The same ones who have a pretty fair potty mouth of their own, but they were pointing fingers. I'd rather have someone who says it when he has a mouthful than some mamby-pamby pukey pc person.

So see? I really have been showing great restraint! I have dropped a hint or two, but restraint was the order of the day. I didn't feel that Trump needed my help as I had felt last time with that mealy Mitt. (What a huge disappointment he turned out to be.) Further, I didn't want to jinx the momentum. 

And I get royally annoyed by those who want to pussyfoot around and say how flawed and rotten Trump is. Really? Really?! He came along when this country needed him the most. The most. Does anyone really think he needed the job? Come on now! He risked his life, put his family on the line, spent his own money, worked like a dog, connected with the people, was not politically correct (thanks be to God because political correctness is killing us). He took a lot of hits; he gave a lot of hits; he knew that he was supposed to do this and he knew that he was the only one who could. I fully expect that with the help of God, he is going to right this ship. If not, the country is heading for the rocks and, as the United States goes, so goes the world.  I was not voting for Pastor in Chief. Definitely not. I remember Jimmy Carter all too well. Those years were rough ones and the past eight have been even more rough and have cost me a lot, including my husband. So, yes, I am feeling pretty passionate about this.  

Godspeed to President-elect Trump. He has my continued support; he has my attention; he has my ongoing prayers.


November 10, 2016

Sorry, I still feel like dancing...




September 1, 2016

To all the politicians, donors and special interests, hear these words from me today: there is only one core issue in the immigration debate and it is this: the well-being of the American people. Nothing even comes a close second. ~ Donald Trump 

in Phoenix, Arizona on August 31, 2016


May 5, 2016

As more folks find this place, I thought it would be interesting to share a post from 2010 that illustrates my evolution from being on the front page to now when I keep things on a back page. I do this so no one feels compelled to comment. (Comments are not allowed here.) We have been through (and still are in) a period of time when many are quite certain that punishment has been doled out to those who speak up in a political way.

I am, by nature, a political gal. I enjoy the discussion and I like to keep up with what goes on. If we visited in person, you'd know that quite quickly. So"Let's Get Political" is my way of not being too forceful on the average reader. For some crazy reason, I have attracted a lot of liberal leaning readers whom I love, but with whom I do not agree. Consider this page my attempt to be true to who I am.

May 4, 2016

My! I have been showing great restraint. ☺
*A Thoughtful Discussion between Huckabee and Hannity* on the state of affairs after Indiana. My sentiments nearly exactly expressed clearly in nine brief minutes.



May 3, 2015

On Baltimore

November 1, 2014

Blog: Kaci Hickox: Ebola's Sandra Fluke


May 9, 2014

Tom Cotton Discusses Benghazi



October 17, 2013

Letter to National Park Service from Congressman Trey Gowdy of South Carolina

August 16, 2013

More Mayberry and Less Fallujah video


May 15, 2013

Really? Trespassers at Boston's Water Supply? Seven? From Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore? After midnight?  What could possibly go wrong?!

May 11, 2013

The Benghazi Lie by Mark Steyn



March 18, 2013

Fascinating Classroom Experiment

ETA: 2019-01-27 This video has been removed since last time I saw it. Ever notice how many suspensions of videos and Twitter accounts there have been? I have. Shocking!


February 28, 2013

Thank you, Mr. Woodward: Woodward is Warned

***


November 10, 2012

We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst; and to provide for it.~Patrick Henry

So you have found IT again. Yes, this is the repository for my thoughts through the coming four years: 2013–2017. My thoughts will be placed here in this one post with a date. The ticker of the national debt will continue to fire off at the bottom. Newer posts will be at the top. If you want to comment about anything you see here, feel free to email me as comments here are closed.

Often, one can settle down after an election when realizing that, while things may not be to one's liking, everything will level out. Not this time. This time there has been a decided shift and if you are a reader of persons, you know this well. You, too, can hear and see it in "the tone." Be wary, pay close attention, and stay well.



National Debt Ticker