A Haven for Vee

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Lilacs Will Bloom Again

A Gloomy Gus who is prone to making a fuss...that pretty much describes my temperament.  The good news is that I  never have any doubts that I need The Savior. I am not one  who wrongly believes that she is going to heaven based on her sweet nature or good works. I am going because I know in Whom I have believed and all that He did for me (and you) on the cross.

It has been discussed before, but one of my favorite sermons (I only remember two or three after a lifetime of listening to them) is "Roses Will Bloom Again." You can see the connection. 

When spring looked doubtful, and it's still looking pretty shaky, I fretted. My fretting and whining and complaining did not change a thing. The lilacs are blooming in spite of it all. God is good. He's always on time. He doesn't change.


It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22–23


This week, and just for this week, I am trying to post every single day.  I'm going to try because I am feeling chatty and don't want to overload any one post with an excess of hodge podge as I have done in past weeks. I do not expect anyone to visit more often or comment more often. In fact, like today's post, I may just shut comments off altogether except for Tuesday's post.  Still looking for the balance. That way, you can look (if you want) and then scamper off to springtime pursuits, presuming that spring has actually arrived where you live. ☺

Today I have seen the hand of God in everything. One miracle after another. I am afraid that I won't be keeping my promise about posting this week because of pressing concerns. John is in cardiac care after suffering a tear in his aorta. He was airlifted to a major medical center where he was in surgery for six hours this afternoon and evening. If you are a praying person, I covet your prayers for him. We know that he is a blessed man for having been in the right places at the right times with the right people able to help. When I can, I'll provide an update.