A Haven for Vee

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Meanwhile, Courage!

Sometimes an answer comes before the question is formed. I knew that my knickers were in a knot, but had not one clue why for days. It seemed as if my mind was too filled with concerns—my own,  the country (they didn't end with the election after all), the church, and, because I walk in Blogdom, many other concerns. Perhaps you can add the workplace to your list. So my prayer list has become exponentially longer through the years. Suddenly, it was if I could not handle it any longer. What pride! It was never mine to "handle" in the first place.
 
Max Lucado has begun a wonderful new program called Before Amen that you might enjoy looking into, if you haven't already.

In it, he shares a specific prayer that I have found so very helpful. Perhaps you might, too.


This quote has been powerfully meaningful to me. I can use it to process what is going on in my mind and heart. For example, I am tired and ready to quit... Meanwhile, courage! Your moments of nervousness are not your real self, only medical phenomena.  I don't feel well... Meanwhile, courage! Your moments of nervousness are not your real self, only medical phenomena. I am worried about this person... Meanwhile, courage! Your moments of nervousness are not your real self, only medical phenomena. You see? It works for any. possible. thing.


And who is this "real self"? The real self only applies to those who have given themselves to Christ. (The very best news ever is that all are invited to give themselves to Him.) When we have, He lives in us and through us. There is nothing that we can do without Him. 

...For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us...

Ephesians 2:14

I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:16–19

A blessed Sunday and a blessed week to you!





Sunday comments are always closed...