After their bath in glycerin and water (I used a nearly 50-50 formula), the leaves are dried on paper towels. I soaked them between two pie plates that insured that they remained in the solution for several days. (You can see that photo in my last post.) Next I patted them off and let them sit there cooling their jets for a few hours.
This was the goal — a door decoration. John does not care for wreaths on the door as they are too in his face. This is my compromise. (Yes, you may have seen this idea on Pinterest.) See the lovely sheen? And they are still pliant and preserved. The little red one there was an experiment because it was already dry when I gathered it. It remains curled, but does add a bit more color. I have always followed the decorating philosophy that every item in decor requires a touch of red.
Okay, I have so much more to share...another load from the homestead in just last evening. I read my great-grandfather's journals until late. I'll save it for another day...
Leaving you with a photo taken on Wednesday evening when John, Laurel, and I found ourselves hanging around the grocery store parking lot. How amazing this autumn and this November have been so far! I can't believe this kind of color still exists in November.