A Haven for Vee

Friday, November 16, 2018

Thanksgiving Greetings and Tag Book

~Looks more like Christmas out there than Thanksgiving~

Hello again. It has been awhile or perhaps you were one of the four who saw my last post. I am sorry that I pulled it, but when people are suffering as they are in California and there is sorrow upon sorrow, I didn't feel that that post was in the best taste. It had some pretty pictures, though. Perhaps I'll recycle them one day. 

Today, I am chatting about my day yesterday when my sister and I met Abby of Little Birdie Blessings and her dear friend Judy up Augusta way. They were coming from the east and we were coming from the west, but up describes the destination well for all of us.

It is always a joy to meet again with friends. We tried to figure out when we had last seen one another, but couldn't. 

We ate a leisurely lunch at a local eatery and took no photos of our lunches because we are terrible bloggers. My sister took a photo of Judy, Abby, and me using Abby's iPhone. (I didn't even bring my camera. Bad, bad blogger.) Nope, I am  not sharing the photo, even if Abby gave me permission. I may do a cut and paste on it some day. Until then, it remains safely locked away in my files.

We did exchange gifts. These are mine.


I have decided that there's something in the air down Abby's way that causes them all to be remarkably creative. This is a gift that I need as you can see by my legal pad list on the left. I used it for my grocery shopping this week and it was extremely unwieldy. Next time, I'll have this list maker, which can be tucked into my purse (if I remember where)...hope that it's not limited to counting blessings. One of my blessings is, after all, hosting Thanksgiving this year.
















💛💛💛

Thank you so much, Judy! (She may not even read here, but Abby will clue her in, I hope.)

Abby made me a sweet tag book. It has a Thanksgiving, Scripture, Friendship theme. 



Oh I can do better than this...



Maybe not.



This is how I have it displayed and I will encourage people to pick it up and look at it. There are many wonderful details to enjoy and thoughts to embrace.




I also received magazines to peruse...snow days allow a great deal of perusing. And the gift came in a sweet loon bag pictured below.




It was a fun day all around. I enjoyed time with my sister and time with my sisters in The Lord. 

Now, because it is unlikely I'll return before Thanksgiving, I want to wish all my American countrymen a blessed Thanksgiving. We are blessed in spite of everything that is going on in our country and God is good. All the time. To that truth we cling.







35 comments:

  1. Vee, your meeting up with blogging friends is always nice to hear about. Many blessings to you and yours this Thanksgiving. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a delight to meet with friends of the heart, including those we meet through blogging! I am sure it was a lovely day spent with your "sisters." They brought such sweet, thoughtful gifts.

    I agree with you: It is a blessing to host Thanksgiving! May your day of thanks be filled with His grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting with blog friends in person! You received some lovely, thoughtful gifts. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Vee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vee~

    I would love to meet up with blogging friends! Sounds like you had a marvelous day! Your gifts are darling! I hope you have a wonderful, Thanksgiving just filled with love and goodness...you so deserve it!

    We are suppose to get a couple of inches of snow this evening, hopefully it passes before Thanksgiving Day!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you had stopped blogging as I was not able to find your blog for a while. Imagine my delight when I recently found it again! I hope you are well and enjoying your lovely family. I have missed your beautiful photos and wonderful blog. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Bonnie in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest Thanksgiving dear Vee - to you and yours! Let the prep begin ... So wonderful to meet "old" friends for much needed catch up time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, good to know I'm not losing my mind just losing your posts. LOL. How nice to have a nice encouraging visits with friends. I heard about your blast of weather and happy to see you are taking it in stride. Enjoy your preparations and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always nice to spend time with family and friends.
    What a lovely gift.
    A very happy thanksgiving to you and all your family.
    This year it will be just be the two of us up here in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make it a special day! I was just reading Susan Brench’s blog where she described a Thanksgiving for two. She and Joe made it a beautiful one.

      Delete
  9. Such beautiful, thoughtful gifts and must have a been a joy to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving Vee….even my children in California are in an unhealthy outdoor zone now...the smoke filled air and skies and frightening even miles away....so many people and defenseless animals are in harms way.....may God look after them. Hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! I have to tell you - I loved looking at your grocery list!! You have such beautiful writing! We are taking a ham to Nita’s for Thanksgiving and then we are taking sweet potatoe casserole to Amber’s the next day when she is hosting a celebration for friends and family. These are happy days - making lists, planning menus, cleaning and decorating. I love it all! Looks like you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving, Vee! Yes, God is good, all the time. What a lovely visit you had with blogging friends. I like the tag book and I think making a mosaic of the pages, as you did, is a wonderful way to capture the many design elements.
    I read your previous post, and prayed that your day would improve.
    Enjoy the planning and preparation as well as the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! It became a matter of prayer, did it? Thanks for praying. It wasn't a bad day, it was a bad attitude day...for a while.

      Delete
  13. ...and ALL the time, GOD is GOOD! How wonderful that you were able to visit with Abby and her friend. Lovely gifts, all round and I love how you displayed your tag book. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, hosting what surely will be a fabulous feast with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delight to get to visit with you and your sister again. Thank you for your friendship, and the gifts you gave me. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day you girls had Vee.
    Bloggers give the best gifts too!
    Thanksgiving Day wishes to you and your family❤

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great adventure!

    Years past, after my morning routine, the fist thing I did was open up your blog. This has been such a crazy year that I haven't done much on my blog. It's wonderful to find you back on, though, and stopping by to check in finds you as busy and creative as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! How nice to meet up with Abby and Judy...sounds like a delightful time. And you have the best little gifties as reminders! BTW...I found the potato recipe and saved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 👍🏼 I have an air fryer, which cuts cooking time nearly in half and is great for cooking for one or two. If you’re doing potatoes for a crowd, your oven will be just the thing. (If you’re peeking in, this all refers to Jean’s Roasties recipe at Delightful Repast. You can find her blog on My Friends blog in the left-hand column.)

      Delete
  18. Sounds like it was a nice day. Hope your weekend is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun day with friends, and then exchanging gifts, too!! Have fun hosting the big meal and a most Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the pictures and so glad you shared . I love that you get to meet new blogging friends . What a blessing it would be if i could meet you one day . Happy thanksgiving dear Vee . Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the way you display the tag book on a plate rack to encourage people to look through it. Very clever!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The gifts are thoughtful. Also, it is so lovely that you were all able to get together, and I had to smile with your description of your blogging. I think that's fine, your doing what blogging started out to be. xo
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. It's my turn too. We do have so much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving, Vee. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving sweet sister in Christ! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning, lovely Vee! Oh, what a blessing to meet up with friends. The gifts you were given are just beautiful and dear Abby is such a creative lady.

    Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you have a most blessed Thanksgiving. Guess what?! I am incredibly grateful for YOU and your sweet presence in the blogging community. You are a gem! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  25. How nice to meet with good friends, and creative ones at that. I hope you're all enjoying Thanksgiving weekend and are keeping nice and warm.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad you could meet up with friends, have a great time and exchange gifts. Bloggers are such kind, caring people...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I didn't even remember to take any photos at my recent 80th birthday party. Table, cake, people, presents, cards, myself!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that somebody remembered, Barbara. ☺️

      Delete
  28. You are lucky to have met as many blogging friends as you have! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, Vee and I wondered why there was no post when I clicked on it a while back :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love everything! And yes, I can see your most recent post too. LOVE your banner. I need to make a new one now! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is cute and artistic. My daughter’s birthday is around the corner and I was thinking to make something for all the kids. I guess, this is a good idea and I must start collecting items for making this. Her birthday will be celebrated in one of the finest Chicago venues and it is a surprise for her.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.