A Haven for Vee

Monday, August 31, 2020

Running Late

If I don't get crackin,' it'll be September and I have only one post for August. Unacceptable. I'm taking this opportunity to thank those bloggers who are blogging regularly and those of you who are blogging nearly every day deserve a gold star.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The most excitement I've had lately was heading to the coast to visit Abby a couple of weeks ago. She was given a last minute yelp and responded with a "sure." Amazing how quickly things can come together if everyone is willing. My sister Kim suggested the day, I agreed, and Abby did as well.

 It was great to see Abby again after all these months, eight to be exact. I was feeling so bad the last time I saw her that I felt as if it might be our final visit. Just keeping it real. This time, I was feeling ever so much better. God is good all the time, no matter how I'm feeling.

left to right: me, Kim, Abby

Abby gifted us with the masks. I wore mine because I wanted to eat and I wanted ice cream. ☺ I didn't want the extra drama of going rogue and making everyone nervous. I am almost to the place where I am not going to be wearing them anymore. I don't know why I have allowed myself to play the game in the first place. My sister, a nurse, told me from the beginning that masks wouldn't work. Now that that has been proven, I don't see the point of them anymore. I don't fault those who feel better wearing a mask, but already.oxygen. deprived.me feels better without one. Further, Sunday's news reveals the new CDC information rolled out quietly. I'm not here to connect dots so will leave it at that. I am not saying that covid isn't real, it is; I am saying that Ignorance made us all respond in excessive ways. We just didn't know. 

On our way home, we stopped by Kim's daughter's because how can one drive right by without a quick visit? 

Anneke tested out the sweet dress that Abby sent for her. It is so cute! Anneke really liked it. 



They live on a lake...wonderful spot to grow up. That's Pencil the cat. 


Here she is peeking in the window. In my world, that's an automatic win. 

Pencil likes to play fetch. Hopefully, blooger will allow me to upload a video proving it.




Enjoy this final day of August! I'm going to let you scoot. Comments are closed today...feeling lazy and tired of dealing with bad comments.