A Haven for Vee

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Week Between Christmas and the New Year

Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord. ~Psalm 27:14

Elenka told me in Comments on my last post that she enjoys a relaxing week of waiting between Christmas and the New Year. I've never thought of it that way before, but it is true that the rush of Christmas ends abruptly and we are left with empty boxes, remnants of wrapping paper, and all that leftover food...

I think I'll take a cue from Elenka and enjoy a quiet week. There are many concerns here and I find myself craving time alone with my thoughts. So, if I disappear, don't be too alarmed, I'm only taking some quiet time and if, in the bargain, I make the one who deeply resents my computer time happy, all the better.

Until next time...