A Haven for Vee

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tying Up Some Loose Ends


A little foliage color as of yesterday afternoon. I get a lot of mileage out of that blue roofed barn. Usually I take its photo through my living room window, but this is taken outdoors just around the end of the fence.


This is the tomato jungle. What a fright. I think I have learned something about growing a tomato and that is never to allow the foliage to take over like this. Mid summer, I cut it way back as the tops were towering above the fence. We have some beautiful looking green tomatoes that I hope we may harvest without having to resort to fried green tomatoes.


Like these, which are larger than baseballs. My eyes glint just to see them. Unfortunately, this is usually what happens to them...


This is either a very sad tomato or a Phoenix rising. 

On a brighter note, the third morning glory (I planted blue, purple, and pink) showed up yesterday all at once. I've seen some blue and lots of purple, but no pink at all until...


All this puttering I do and all the hard work John does...


Yes, he's moving right along on the west side.  It'll look so nice to have that tired old brown be gone.


Over and out. I'm closing comments so that you may just peek and run. Have a lovely weekend!