A Haven for Vee

Sunday, December 18, 2016

You're Here

Two very different songs from two different perspectives have provided me with much to think about this Advent season.


One is Joseph's Song by Michael Card. I have loved this one for years. Now Scripture does not tell us what Joseph was thinking the night Jesus was born, but in this song we get an idea of what may have been going on in his thoughts.




Joseph's Song

How could it be this baby in my arms
Sleeping now, so peacefully
The Son of God, the angel said
How could it be


Lord I know He's not my own
Not of my flesh, not of my bone
Still Father let this baby be
The son of my love

Father show me where I fit into this plan of yours
How can a man be father to the Son of God
Lord for all my life I've been a simple carpenter
How can I raise a king, How can I raise a king
He looks so small, His face and hands so fair
And when He cries the sun just seems to disappear
But when He laughs it shines again
How could it be


Michael Card



The second is You're Here by Francesca Battistelli from Mary's point of view. Mary seems to be aware of future events...that sword that would pierce her soul. How much she comprehended that night, I do not know. We know that she pondered things and we also know that life was just so ordinary that she and Joseph pretty much forgot who Jesus really was that time at the temple...it is easy to forget when life is _______.



You're Here 

Hold on now, I gotta take a deep breath
I don't know what to say when I look in your eyes
You made the world before I was born
Here I am holding You in my arms tonight
Noel, Noel, Jesus our Emmanuel


You're here, I'm holding You so near
I'm staring into the face of my Savior, King and Creator
You could've left us on our own, but You're here



Don't know how long I'm gonna have You for
But I'll be watching when You change the world
Look at Your hands, they're still so small
Someday You're gonna stretch them out and save us all
Noel, Noel, God with us Emmanuel



You're here, I'm holding You so near
I'm staring into the face of my Savior, King and Creator
You could've left us on our own, but you're here… you're here



Someday I'm gonna look back on this

The night that God became a baby boy
Someday You're gonna go home again,
But You leave your spirit and flood the world with joy



You'll be here, I'm holding You so near
I'm staring into the face of my Savior, King and Creator
You could've left me on my own, but you're here… You're here
Hallelujah… You're here… Hallelujah... You're here

by Francesca Battistelli

Your thoughts? 



22 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I often wonder how fearful they must of been...thank you Vee...have a lovely Sunday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful songs and make us wonder at the miracle of Jesus's birth to lowly Mary and Joseph and what their feelings would have been. Thank you for sharing. I hope you aren't getting the freezing rain that we are here. Blessings on your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful songs and certainly gave me something to think about today. I enjoyed my visit today, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pastor ended his sermon today talking about the shepherds at the manger and how they had no idea what the future held for that little brow, those sweet cheeks, those little shoulders and those little hands, pierced for our transgressions. Moving look at our Savior in the manger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart swells with emotion when I think of our Savior born to humble parents. Jesus was placed in the arms and hearts of the perfect ones by our Father. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow these two songs are so beautiful.
    Sometimes we forget just what Mary and Joseph must have been thinking and going through.
    What faith they had!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vee, those are both just beautiful!
    Brings tears to my eyes and grips my heart when I think of what Mary must have felt and what she endured by being given the honor of being the mother of Jesus, our Savior.
    The faith of Joseph and Mary is quite the inspiration for us all.

    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful reminder of the reality of the birth of Jesus and what it meant to a carpenter and his wife. Good things to ponder in this time of celebrating the Lord's birth. I can't listen to the songs, my internet is too slow, but I enjoyed reading the lyrics. Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both so beautiful Vee! Thank you so much for sharing the lyrics - much to think about indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the art you supplied with Joseph holding the baby Jesus. Those big strong shoulders holding the tiny babe, letting mother Mary sleep. Precious scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It makes sense that both Mary and Joseph were apprehensive about their role in parenting such an important baby as it was a great honour and responsibility bestowed on them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Vee, it has always been such a magnificent story...what an honor for Mary and Joseph to be the chosen earthly parents of baby Jesus...I can't even begin to imagine their life after HIS birth...and every time I try to imagine, I just burst out crying...it's all so precious

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Vee, I've never heard those songs either! Aren't both songs so beautiful and give so much to think about. One of my very favorite songs is "Mary, did you know?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful songs and lovely thoughts. Mary and Joseph's life would never be the same. I love "Mary Did You Know?" and "Joseph's Lullaby" by Mercy Me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have Michael Card's CD with Joseph's song and the rest of his songs about the nativity. I think it's my favourite - such thoughtful lyrics that make me ponder about the emotions Mary and Joseph may have experienced. I'm not so familiar with the second song.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful....
    One of my favorite songs is Mary, Did You Know? I ponder the wonder of that every time I listen to it....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are absolutely beautiful songs, Vee. I had heard "Joseph's Song" before and loved it, but was not familiar with "You're Here." Both such meaningful and reverent songs and surely give us a glimpse into what Mary and Joseph must have been feeling that night as events unfolded.

    Yesterday we were blessed to be able to attend a Christmas program that two of our grandchildren were in. One of the thoughts that stood out was how God so carefully chose both Mary and Joseph for the all-important roles of those who would train and raise Jesus. They were ordinary people but they surely had extraordinary character.

    Thank you so much for sharing these songs and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Often at Christmastime, a song will catch your attention and you will hear it as you have not heard it before and its message will grab your heart. I love when that happens.

    I have long loved the first of your songs, but I am going to need to go and find the other...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for sharing these. I had never heard either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Michael Card's song and very familiar with it... also love his book "Immanuel" which is a great devotional to lead into Christmas. Not familiar with this song by Francesca Batistelli... will have to check that one out. I love Laura Story's "Here With Us" about Mary. As others have commented, there is much to ponder. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.