3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose?
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently
When in Rome... I believe that assimilation is a good thing so this
phrase comes up from time time in discussions about becoming a citizen, learning English, dressing in Western style, which does not necessarily entail wearing a cowboy hat (though that is very good), getting a job, holding a valid driver's license, understanding the Constitution, registering to vote, etc.
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
Under the Tuscan Sun was
the first movie that ever made me want to visit Italy. Three Coins in a Fountain just didn't do it.
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955
Have you ever been to the California park?
How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
No, I have never had the pleasure of visiting any of the Disney parks. I tend not to be a fan of amusement parks, though I am a huge fan of Mickey and all the gang.
My favorite memory of an amusement park ride was a roller coaster ride (years ago) at the Tulsa State Fair in Oklahoma.
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
Knocking on wood here...haven't been stung in so many years
that I've forgotten the last time. Now I could regale you with the first time, but the rules don't allow it. (My grandson was recently stung repeatedly by a wasp so I know that stings still happen.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hope that it's not too hot in the sewing room today.