A Haven for Vee

Monday, June 16, 2014

Beautiful Days


Oh my! What a day it is today and what a day it was yesterday. After the rain, comes the blessing — days so beautiful that one can hardly take them in.  I am sitting here in the recliner tapping away on the iPad. I am looking through the three tall narrow windows to the fence beyond with its dish rail and the green, very green, lawn beyond that. The birds are singing so sweetly and the breeze is blowing so gently. I can see a wee patch of blue peeking through the leaves. Other than bird song, the only sounds I hear are my tapping and the ticking of the clock. 


I am thinking of a dear one's passing and of those she leaves behind. I can't help but think how glorious her days are now after the months of stormy weather. 

This morning, in a devotional I receive, came these precious and timely words. 

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea come drifting home with broken masts and sails; I shall believe the hand which never fails, from seeming evil worketh good to me. And, though I weep because those sails are battered, still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered, 'I trust in thee.'

comments are closed