A Haven for Vee

Friday, August 22, 2008

Skywatch, Blogwatch, and a New Recipe

By now, you all know that most of my posts are a jumble. I'm not the most coherent writer nor the most comprehensive. My thoughts are as scattered as birdseed beneath the back feeder. So if you can find anything in this post that makes sense today I'll be surprised!

First of all, I truly enjoy Skywatch Fridays and I love seeing the blogs that participate, which you can find right here: Skywatch Friday. I'm not adding my post today since, as stated above, I'm going to be all over the map. But here's my Skywatch picture taken much earlier in the summer before rain stole eight weeks of it.



Last night, while visiting a friend's blog, it disappeared before my eyes. Poof! I can't tell you what an unnerving feeling that was. If my friend should read this... I just want you to know that I will miss your thoughtful, sensitive posts. You always taught me something and you always were a beautiful testimony of a loving God. Although I do not understand the "why" of this, I trust you to the Lord's faithful care. Be in touch if possible! Losing your spot in Blogdom makes me feel fobbed again, and I can only imagine how you are feeling. Do take good care...

My new recipe is directly from Pat's Italian kitchen in New York City! (That'd be Mille Fiori Favoriti.) She made the most delicious looking Tomato Tart that I had to try it for lunch yesterday. The three of us really enjoyed it a lot and, with a salad, it was the perfect lunch. If you have a lot of tomatoes in your life right now, this is a wonderful way to use them. Run to Pat's and pick up the recipe and enjoy listening to "Postino" on her playlist.



No time for posting at all this weekend so I'll catch you next week. Have a marvelous weekend, Dear Ones!

22 comments:

  1. Yummola on the tomato tart... I'll have to run over to Pat's and check that out. But the really scrumptious thing in your post today is that sky in your photo. Amazing color!

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skywatch picture is beautiful - looks like the sky is on fire. I have a new blog with just pictures on it. My skywatch is there now.

    I planted 2 tomato plants and so far have only gotten one little tomato. The blossoms just dry up and fall off.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and John enjoyed the Tomato Tart recipe Vee! Betsy commented that she and her " My 5 Men"(the name of her really nice blog) made it, and enjoyed it too!

    My little container garden is still pumping out the tomatoes...do you think it's because I sing opera arias to the plants? LOL!!! Just kidding -- if I sang to them they'd all wither away.

    Beautfiful sky watch photo, and I'm sorry someone deleted their blog --I think sometimes blogging can become too stressful and too time comsuming...it's better if we don't make it an obligation but an enjoyment.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where Love White Linen went? I loved her blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that Tart looks great!
    Quite a few blogs I love went POOF over the summer....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rambling thoughts are always a delight to read, Vee! We've had some amazing sunsets this year in spite of the rain. It seems that the only time the sun broke through was long enough to show us the colours of her sunset. Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vee, your the second blogger I have visited that is mourning the loss of our friend???

    It is a bit tough not knowing what has happened. I am just praying all is well.

    Your skywatch is beautiful. Looks like you have a very expensive camera?

    I am so glad you are busy having fun with your DH.

    I am going to try that tart.

    Have a great weekend...and just in case...don't disappear without saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! That tart looks so delicious! I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks wonderful!!! Have a nice weekend:)

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sky photo, Vee. Beautiful! My tomatoes are about to be prolific. They are ripening as I speak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tomato tart looks like a must try recipe, thanks for sharing its source. Your sky watch photo is awesome! I hope you have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sad that your friend's blog disappeared. Losing a blogging friend is unsettling.

    Speaking of which, I have changed my blog address. I do NOT want to lose any of my precious friends in this process. If you would be so kind as to update the link here and pass the word on to anyone who may want to know, I'd be grateful!

    http://theinspiredroom.net

    Blessings to you today!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vee,

    Your skywatch picture is breathtaking!

    I hope you two have a wonderful weekend/week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the tomato tart on Pat's blog...and put cast iron frying pan on my shopping list!

    Beautiful sky photo.

    I still hope that the disappearing blog will make a reappearance as a private blog. I ditto Vee's thoughts...we hope to hear from 'our friend' again and trust her to God's loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too am sad about the loss of our friend's blog. I pray she will come back. I sure want her to know that we love her and miss her.

    Your tomato dish looks yummy. I must try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw the most beautiful sky last night while visiting my family. I was in the car almost home, then poof, it was gone, only left in my memory.

    Your tomato tart looks awesome, I love tomatoes!

    Blessings dear friend!
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. just stumbled across your blog and it is delightful! Have to admit the delicious looking tomato tart stopped me in my tracks...looks yummy.
    -Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Vee. I enjoyed this post, and all the elements in it. I saw the tomato tar recipe at Pat's, and it does indeed look like a wonderful thing to do with tomatoes.

    We all miss our friend, don't we?

    Lovely photo of the sky. Our summer was hijacked by rain too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vee, I was hoping you would know about our friend. I got a sad and unsettling email regarding her. I am wondering if every one on her blog list got the same email.
    If she is reading this I hope she feels loved and hugged.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds a lot like our TOmato Pie, but think I am going to try this one...just went over and printed out Pat's recipe...hope you are all well
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds a lot like our TOmato Pie, but think I am going to try this one...just went over and printed out Pat's recipe...hope you are all well
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.