A Haven for Vee

Friday, August 1, 2008

Finally!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I am just now getting back to the award that Lisa gave me well over a week ago. Needless to say, I have had time to ponder this well and now have my recipients ready for the Brillante Weblog Award.




1. Judy @ My Front Porch

Judy has a beautiful blog. She writes about her life in British Columbia and her travels, which have taken her far from BC...most recently to Manitoba. She is a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, and she invites her readers to join her for coffee and some rollkuchen or apple pie squares any day.

2. Christi @ Charm & Grace Cottage

Christi is an artist and a thinker who hails from Alabama. Her art is shared, her life is shared, her beautiful world is shared. You'll love visiting her lovely cottage and taking tours of the local gardens or to see what project she's been working on.

3. La Tea Dah (aka LaDonna)@ Gracious Hospitality has a mountain retreat where even rustic living does not prevent her from sharing afternoon tea with her family and friends. What wonderful photos she takes and if you can waltz past one of her recipes without taking a second look, you're making a big mistake.

(Dear, Judy, Christi, and LaDonna, I hope that you don't find this before I've had the chance to pop in and tell you myself. I'm post-dating this one for an ungodly hour of the morning. ;> )


These are the rules:

1. Please put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this award. (As you can see, once again, I've broken the rules.)
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thunderstorms have been rolling around us all day long since just after we awoke this morning. When one can't be on the computer, one bakes blueberry muffins. These are Alice's recipe, which are named, appropriately enough, Maine Blueberry Muffins. We found the wild berries freshly picked and selling for $3.50 a pint. They were beautifully picked, nary a stick nor a leaf among them.





I did add a crunchy topping:

* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/3 cup flour
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 cup butter

Crumb together and place on top of batter before baking.

I've also been working on a few more projects off and on all day. I hope to share them with you Monday if I can get a few posts done ahead. Sunday begins our time with my grandmother. Perhaps Nan will be willing to come and spend some afternoons here, too, so that I can work on my own projects from time to time. I don't think I'll be too happy being an entire month from my own home, if I can't get back to putter about.(Fortunately, we all live in the same town.) Besides, the poor cat will go nuts!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. The muffins look delicious. I wish I had one with my coffee right now.

    You are so generous with your time to take care of your grandmother, especially this year. It's nice you live in the same town so you can pop back to your own home. I wonder if you've planned a lovely trip to the town dump for her again this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Vee :),

    Congratulations on your award! :)

    You are so blessed to have Maine blueberries, we pay a high price for them here in MN but it is worth every penny. I have some in my freezer so I am thinking since it's my off day, I'm going to print out your recipe and bake some! Num!

    I hope you have a wonderful time with Nan :).

    Have a Fantastic Friday Vee,
    Kathi :)

    PS
    Thank you for the link to the startribune! I added it to my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those muffins look devine!!! Mine always turn out purple, lol, the blueberries bleed out I guess...I am not the best baker in the world..my cooking is better, just wish I enjoyed it more...however, I do love to eat ;)

    Have a great weekend:)

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just popped by for a blueberry muffin (and a cup of coffee)...and to see what it is you have for me. Thanks Vee...I am honoured!

    Have a wonderful time with your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella, the secret is to add a TBS of flour to the fresh berries and gently toss them in that. Also, just gently fold the berries into the batter as a last step. Don't use the mixer! Thanks for the visit and the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Vee, thank you so much for the award and your kind words. I am honored not just to receive this award, but it means so much because it comes from you. Yes, I did find your comment before coming here. :-)

    It is not early here, but as I must wait an hour after taking my thyroid medication before I eat, it is just about breakfast time for me. And those muffins look heavenly! Could you please pass me one? Seriously though, I pray your time with your grandmother will be rich and rewarding.

    Love,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love it when you include a recipe...it may be a recipe that I have one similar to but they're always just that little bit different...and as I have blueberries! Hope your Grandmother is doing well...
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOh looks wonderful. But you know what I love....I love the lobster apron!!! Blueberries and lobsters are precious things here, very expensive. But I'll look for some blueberries to try this recipe.

    Have a wonderful day.

    - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mrs. Vee! The muffins look delightful! Now I'm hungry again!
    Congrats on your award!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs to you...
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I've come by way of Love White Linen....lovely blog here! So nice to 'meet' you! I'll be back again!...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to add the bit of crumb topping the next time I bake muffins. I always like to add a bit of something different to the recipe.
    Cindy P :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh don't they look good!!!!
    I love blueberry muffines.
    There is a restaurant near me here called Mimi's and they have lots of different muffins - all delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHhhhh. I thought you were going to New Brunswick .. it would help if I read more carefully.
    The muffins look delicious, the topping just finishes it off so professionaly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You chose wonderful award recipients Vee!

    Mmmmmm...I love wild blueberries! Your muffins look so good I can almost smell them!

    I know you'll be very busy soon spending time with your grandmother, have fun! Don't hit me, but I tagged you! It's a fun one, but don't worry if you can't do it ... I don't mind.

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the award!

    Blueberries are in season only a short time so thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. We try to eat as many as we can for the antioxidants. How lucky you are to have those fresh picked berries!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vee!
    I'll be stopping by for one of those wonderful blueberry muffins today so pour me some coffee or tea to go with it! I LOVE blueberry anything!
    I saw Pat's photos of her & hubby in the apron she won from your giveaway. It looks great on both of them! The fabric is so perfect Vee. You make a lovely apron!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Vee, for the lovely award!!!!

    Hugs,
    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  18. This could so easily cause me to chuck my Weight Watchers intentions right out the window. :)

    Kari

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.