A Haven for Vee

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Daily Requirement

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. 
~Psalm 63:1

I hardly ever get thirsty. Even when it is very hot and humid, I rarely feel the need to drink water. Sometimes, I'll get to the end of a day and realize that all the liquid I've consumed is in the food I've eaten. 

Sadly, my spiritual life can reflect my physical condition. I'll realize many days too late that I am in need of spiritual water. I'm suddenly very thirsty indeed when I could have been hydrated long before, if only I had been to the well. 

Yes, often I'm like my dahlia that needs some water today even though it's been out in the rain for days. It's a daily requirement...