A Haven for Vee

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Contentment

Last week, Hurricane Ike in Texas, this week Hurricane Kyle barreling for Maine. Sometimes these storm seasons hang on for a lonnnngggg time. Life can be like this. Some of us have been dealing with a big old storm for a very long time. I feel as if I have been through a year of one storm after the next. Perhaps you've felt this way. It's a restlessness, a feeling of being wobbly and unsure. We need some direction. It certainly doesn't feel like contentment. Is there any way to learn to be content in every situation? Paul did. He said:

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:11

Now that's what I want. If we turn our eyes from the storm to Jesus, we will find every single thing that we need for every single thing that we need comes from Him. Let's place ourselves in His hands for there we are safe. It isn't about being self-sufficient; it's all about being dependent on Him.

Comments are off. Have a wonderful Sunday!