A Haven for Vee

Sunday, September 1, 2013

...Sufficient Unto the Day

is the trouble (evil) therein. ~Matthew 6:34b KJV



Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. ~Matthew 6:34 The Message

So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble. ~Matthew 6:34 Amplified

So don’t be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time. ~Matthew 6:34 Living Bible

However one slices it, the people of God are not supposed to get anxious about tomorrow's issues. I began feeling nervous in July about the coming winter and how the oil bills would be paid. It seems rather silly of me today. Perhaps it is why I have had an AAB (arbitrary autumn ban) on the blog until today. Anyway, I'll be ordering the first tank of oil Tuesday morning and it will be paid in full. Thank you, Lord!

I also note that this verse does not say not to plan for tomorrow; It says not to worry about tomorrow. A difference I think. I must remember not to allow the planning to become a stew.

Happy September to you! Happy kicking off of an autumn season, though I'll cling to summer through to the end. Still, there is a blush on the trees, the garden has slowed, and there is a nip in the morning that can not be denied. Let us savor each day.