A Haven for Vee

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dang Doughnuts

Today was supposed to be the perfect day for making doughnuts. That's because I don't listen to weather reports and just because I had made the decision to slave over hot oil, I felt it reasonable that the weather gods would have it be appropriately autumnal. The weather gods hate me; it has been hot and humid all day.

Then the doughnut dough was wet...very. I added more flour and they became tough.



Still it was fun to have the family here...both my son and daughter and both the grandsons and the grandpuggy, too. One family member actually appreciated my efforts.



As the kids were leaving, I asked if they'd like to take any of the hockey pucks with them. My daughter said, "No, thank you."

I teased that she didn't care for mother's cooking and she said, "No, even if they were good, I would say 'no.'" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.