A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Does Great Disaster Equal Opportunity?

Recently, a friend and I were discussing some pretty terrible events in the lives of some of our mutual friends and acquaintances. We can never really be aware of all that others are dealing with. So many suffer in silence.

At one point my friend sighed, drained her coffee cup, and said, "Well, they say that in China the symbol for great disaster is the same as the one for opportunity."

Gee, I really liked the sound of that so I went off on a little Google search this morning. This is what I found...



So, what do you think? Do they look alike to you?

No? No. Not at all.

But just because the story about the symbols didn't exactly hold true doesn't mean that great disaster doesn't equal opportunity, does it? Because I'm counting on disaster equaling opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.