A Haven for Vee

Monday, September 3, 2007

Pemaquid and Points Beyond

"Throw roses on the sea where the dead went down.
The roses speak to the sea,
And the sea to the dead.
Throw roses, O lovers--
Let the leaves wash on the salt in the sun."
-Carl Sandberg
(1878-1967)





What a beautiful day my daughter and I enjoyed at the ocean yesterday!


A few days earlier, I had received an email from my dd who said that we should spend the day Sunday going to Pemaquid Point and other places. My daughter so rarely invites me on day trips that I thought that she had me confused with one of her friends, but when the Google map arrived, I emailed her: "Are you talking to me? Because, if you are, I'd love to!"

The day began at 9 a.m. and we didn't return home until nearly 13 hours later. What a fun time!

Just popping in a few of my photos now...









After leaving Pemaquid Point, we traveled on as far as Belfast
where we shopped at The Cherished Home. My daughter loved the colors that Genie has pulled together for her rooms. It was very soft and feminine. I even purchased a couple of items...a table runner and a flip-flop flyswatter. Maybe now I can keep my own flip-flops on my feet.



The day ended with ice cream of course! Thanks, darling, for a beautiful day and for teaching me so much about enjoying a stress-free driving time!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm sort of breaking your no comments here
    request just to say that your mother and
    daughter are equally beautiful and that i
    will remember your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.