A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Slow Process

The contractor assured me that he'd be all done with our addition by the fourth of July...this year. He began in August 2006 and, so far, I see few signs that he'll be done before Thanksgiving. Good thing that I am a patient person. The price that we agreed upon has not changed except for the extras that have been tossed in.

Because of budget constraints, we didn't hire an architect. Might have been a big mistake, but it has been fun to look at those early representations that I worked up on PAINT and to see the reality of it now. We still have a long way to go, but I thought I would document two items for now.

This is the picture that began it all...



Source: Pella.com

And this is where we are so far (try not to laugh)...



It's not much, but it's all I have for today. Hopefully, before another year passes, there will be more to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.