A Haven for Vee

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mail Caddy Makeover

Curious whether I made it out of the sewing room by noon? No, I did not, but I did move on to other things to include Nan's Nook, the office, and some of the basement.

This is not my craft room, but I thought you might like to see an amazing one at Triple the Scraps in case you were hoping to see mine today.

At least the space is clean enough for me to get my hands on projects that have been piling up. This is a mail caddy idea that I saw somewhere in my blog hopping travels. Unfortunately, I can not remember where. If anyone knows, please tell me so that I can give credit where credit is due. Again, this is not my idea.

As you can see in the before picture, I had already begun doing "something" to my formerly plain wooden caddy. I decided not to get all fussy and just go ahead with the idea as I remembered it.

And here it is all finished or as finished as I plan to do it.

I used the Edwardian Script font as it is so like my own writing... ;)

Speaking of "outgoing" we are outgoing to supper tonight. Yay!

Create a wonderful day for yourself and your family...

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And it isn't it wonderful to be organized?!

    Judy@cutest-little-things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee, I love your mail caddy. The sheet music is perfect! My dd and I are sitting here listening to the music on your blog and playing it over and over. It is beautiful! We are all in orchestra so these songs are just gorgeous! Thanks for blessing our day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mail caddy will make even putting the bills out pleasurable. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the sewing room and out to dinner...Good for YOU!

    Happy dance!!!

    I love the mail caddy. Music is one of my biggest joys...yours too, I know.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is CUTE!! How nice to be so organized with your mail. It sure beats that pile on the kitchen counter.
    Enjoy your dinner out and your time away from the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great! I love that we both used sheet music in our projects! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you did with the caddy, Vee.

    Wish I had beautiful handwriting like yours!

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! SOOOO much better ..and the labels are perfect for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job! That looks really pretty!!
    Have fun eating out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, that's cute!

    Bob puts mail every where. I need a system but BAD.

    The sheet music...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is just adorable. i love anything
    with music paper background.

    love,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can vouch for your lovely Edwardian handwriting...as I have a sample nearby!

    Hope the 'out-going' meal was a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use a napkin holder to keep our bills in. I like this idea of yours. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vee,

    I love the redo! The script is indeed beautiful. Yeah! You and John are getting a much deserved date. I am off to the farm this morning so I will see you on the flip side of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vee

    Your mail caddy looks very pretty! I wish my handwriting looked like Edwardian Script:) It used to be nice but has sadly deteriorated over the years as I use the computer more.

    That was a wonderful craft room you directed us to! I would love an organized place like that, and maybe would actually become crafty if I ahd one...lol

    I hope you enjoyed a wonderful dinner out! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the makeover! I think I shall start looking for a mail organizer at the thrift shops and estate sales. I could do with better organization--like finding the bills that are piled up on the table!lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful make-over. I have a similar caddy next to my door. I have also been thinking of "redoing" and adding bigger key hooks. You have provided wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.